Corsa Captain's Call Plus Question >

Corsa Captain's Call Plus Question

Notices

Corsa Captain's Call Plus Question

Old 07-17-2016, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Captain's Call Plus Question

I am buying a boat with Corsa's captain call plus exhaust. The exhaust comes with a switchable exhaust, and two silencer tips. I plan to take off the silencer tips and replacing them with open tips. According to Corsa's website " As RPMs increase, more exhaust is forced through the Y-pipe, allowing optimum flow and noise reduction. My take on this is that at cruse speed the boat will still be sending exhaust down through the prop and will quiet the thru hull sound? Seems pointless to me, if I want quiet I would switch to prop only. Is there anyway to stop it from diverting exhaust at high RPM? Or with open pipes will it still sound pretty much the same? Thanks to anyone with input.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this thread is a little bit old but the answer is at heavy throttle some of the additional pressure will go thru the prop as well as thru the hull, but at part throttle all the exhaust will go thru the hull, so it will be noisy unless you close the Captains call. I would remove the silencers for a more performance sound when you want, but still have quiet when you want by closing the Captains call.