496 HO IAC Replacement >

496 HO IAC Replacement

Notices

496 HO IAC Replacement

Old 08-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 496 HO IAC Replacement

My 01 496HO threw an IAC code this weekend on the Cassville river run so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else that runs into this. It had been running a little rought at idle the past couple times out so I'm not surprised. It was pretty easy to replace 2 hex bolts and the wiring harness.

Shows the location of it. It was easier to take the two bolts out and get some slack on the wiring harness to disconnect it since you have to press on the latch to disconnect.

Closeup.. does anyone know what the red stuff is in the corner?

New vs. Old

New one on. Put it on the same way it came off connect the harness before you bolt it down... I also cleaned out the cavity with some brake cleaner and Q-tips.. not to dirty but thought might as well since it was off.

Hopefully this fixes it and I didn't fry the PCM (heard this can happen if you don't catch it early enough).
Old 08-13-2016, 05:56 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Almost a normal maint item. I replace a couple a season lately. Nothing to worry about.