water pump >

water pump

Notices

water pump

Old 08-22-2016, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BajaDan
I am working on a stainless back for these pumps. Moving the water pressure sensor back to the PS cooler is a good idea and would save me some machining. Did the later coolers have this threaded port or was it a separate fitting?
I'm not sure. I only know this from looking at the microfiche. I'm assuming it's a threaded port on the cooler.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone done sea strainers on a Baja???
Old 08-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Any luck??
Old 08-23-2016, 07:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nordy racer
has anyone done sea strainers on a Baja???
I've never felt like I needed one. We boat on a lake with some vegetation and in the gulf with a lot of sand and never had any issues. I pulled the oil cooler off last winter and it may have had a couple or three little shells or big grains of sand in it, but nothing significant. We are pulling water through the Bravo and not a separate water pickup so that may have an effect.

There is just not much room in the engine bay for one. I don't know if they can be mounted above the static water line or not but I doubt it. It would be hard for the sea pump to prime that large a volume and would require it to run dry for a while.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaDan
I've never felt like I needed one. We boat on a lake with some vegetation and in the gulf with a lot of sand and never had any issues. I pulled the oil cooler off last winter and it may have had a couple or three little shells or big grains of sand in it, but nothing significant. We are pulling water through the Bravo and not a separate water pickup so that may have an effect.

There is just not much room in the engine bay for one. I don't know if they can be mounted above the static water line or not but I doubt it. It would be hard for the sea pump to prime that large a volume and would require it to run dry for a while.
here on the bay at low tide its been bad with seaweed. and i'm thinking I picked some up..
Old 08-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
Any luck??
damn shop I took the boat to let her sit for 3 days without touching it. I just moved her to another and they state it should be done by Friday.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

What are the expectations for the shop? What are they doing? Sorry, thought you were doing this investigation yourself.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
What are the expectations for the shop? What are they doing? Sorry, thought you were doing this investigation yourself.
wanted a shop to look at it so that if there was something weird a Cert Shop did the job and I could communicate that to the dealership
Old 09-20-2016, 12:15 AM
Registered

Anything on this?
Old 09-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 96TWC
Anything on this?
it wasn't the water pump, but I did still install this part because I did purchase it.. the problem was a check value in the feed water line from the transom.