New Baja Owner

Notices

New Baja Owner

Old 08-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Baja Owner

Hello all,

I was guided here by a buddy who runs a 38 foot cigarette, and he is actually the one who got me into the speedboat stuff recently. Just picked up my first speedboat ever, a 2002 baja 20 Outlaw. plenty of fun for just me and the wife and our little dude, and it was a great budget buy as well. looking forward to learning and growing with this boat. would love to hear what any of you have done with similar setups, or just general modifications to the outlaws. have fun and safe boating!

-Eric
Old 08-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

What motor do you have? Do you boat on the Potomac?
Old 08-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome, checkout Bajaboatowners.com as well.

Before you start out on any mods. Make sure all the maintenance and items to be replaced for its vintage are done.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
What motor do you have? Do you boat on the Potomac?
it has the 5.0L Mercruiser. I will probably be boating on the Potomac as well as the Chesapeake. got any pointers for the area?
Old 08-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Welcome, checkout Bajaboatowners.com as well.

Before you start out on any mods. Make sure all the maintenance and items to be replaced for its vintage are done.
just registered at bajaboatowners.com yesterday. lots of the drive parts have already been replaced, the previous owner was very meticulous in maintaining the boat, as well as providing all documentation for dates. both the motor and the alpha drive are less than 5 years old. its has a plethora of updates from the throttle and shifter cables, to the gauges and stereo. it was well documented and one of the main reasons I chose to purchase.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

If you trailer, you will never run out of places to go in the area. I'm on the Potomac around 50% of the time, between DC and St. Clements Is. Georgetown, Old Town, National Harbor, Occoquan, Fairview Beach, etc. etc.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Welcome to the club!

Baja boats are a great way to dip your toe into power boats and get your wallet wet. They have a large and helpful community, and you picked a great first boat.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
If you trailer, you will never run out of places to go in the area. I'm on the Potomac around 50% of the time, between DC and St. Clements Is. Georgetown, Old Town, National Harbor, Occoquan, Fairview Beach, etc. etc.
how is the water down near st celements? I went out on the Potomac this weekend, between Alexandria and Mt Vernon. water was rough, but that's probably from the hurricane and winds that came with it. it was brutal.