Hose for sea pump?

Notices

Hose for sea pump?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hose for sea pump?

Hi all,

I winterized my 232 today, and did not like the looks of my hoses from the sea pump back to the cooler. I about flipped out when I looked up the replacement hose on some Merc sites.....135.00 or so??

Is that anything special? I do like the idea of a stock bend fitting better, but wow. Did not expect that at all.

Thanks,
Dig
Old 11-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

What engine ?
Old 11-14-2016, 07:52 AM
Registered

6.2 with a Bravo 1
Old 11-14-2016, 08:16 AM
Registered

Double check the part number on the hose
The hose for my 502 sea pump to p/s cooler is 60, I looked at a couple of different serial numbers for the 6.2 and showed 40-60 dollars depending on the serial number

What is you engine serial number?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered

0M085852 is my serial number. I found the top hose around that amount too but the bottom seems to be way higher. I also searched the Merc sites and see the bottom one is OEM only. Wasn't sure if there was something to that or why. I may be backwards with the top and bottom, I don't have it front of me right now. Would like to replace both while I am doing motor yoga.
Thanks! ST
Old 11-14-2016, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Diggerdpilot
0M085852 is my serial number. I found the top hose around that amount too but the bottom seems to be way higher. I also searched the Merc sites and see the bottom one is OEM only. Wasn't sure if there was something to that or why. I may be backwards with the top and bottom, I don't have it front of me right now. Would like to replace both while I am doing motor yoga.
Thanks! ST
Looks like the molded hose to the cooler is 59 the other hose from the transom to the pump if the same as mine is 1 1/4 reinforced hose (gates # 24920) probably 50-60 dollars for a 5ft stick

If your rear bench seat is like a 272 it's four screws and the back section comes out and gives you much more accessibility

If you plan on keeping the boat merc sells some quick disconnects for the water hoses that make taking the sea pump off for servicing much easier