Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Anyone with a "fast" 232 boss or performance? >

Anyone with a "fast" 232 boss or performance?

Notices

Anyone with a "fast" 232 boss or performance?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1GMC
We just finished the tuning on our 232 Performance with Whippled 500EFI. With good adjustment of tabs and trim we ran 83 without any issues in pretty decent water. We have mounted batteries forward a couple of feet and located one on each side for better balance, used aluminum heads and CMI E-Tops for a bunch of weight reduction in the back, and have Drew Marine stabilizers for the outdrive until we get hydraulic steering. Has worked well for us.
hyd steering, moderately longer tabs with indicators, right prop and you could run the speeds we saw monday without as much effort. Like i was tellling you too, even my 272 with all of the above was noticeably stabler at higher speeds with labbed prop vs no labbed. Before i added the steering and tabs i could also feel a difference in handling between labbed/non labbed
Another customer just bought a new labbed 4 blade from cutting edge for only 550$ plus s/h, was a 33 pitch so not sure if they are same price as 28's but should be. Nice meeting you guys, be safe and work your way up to those speeds we ran as you get more seat time, Smitty
Old 07-24-2017, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to you Smitty for the great help with final tuning our injection. We are very pleased with how it is running. Also a big thanks for all the excellent advice and guidance. Invaluable information.