Again, why hasn't this boat sold?! >

Again, why hasn't this boat sold?!

Notices

Again, why hasn't this boat sold?!

Old 03-05-2017, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
LOL, I owned a 24 Baja Outlaw and LOVED it! I couldn't afford a Cigarette at the time so I bought a Baja. I was 21 yrs old. It was a great boat! I love the lines of the 33, I like the room for 7 in the "bus" seating and that cabin has a real head, a fridge, room for a microwave, sink, seating with a table and a bed - perfect for the family. Lighter and a bit smaller than a Café or a Gun and less money for a newer boat with newer power.

Just an option
A 24' Outlaw at 21 had to have been a riot! When I lived back by Erie I used to see alot of them out there. I always felt they were the ultimate best bang for the buck! 24 deg deadrise, high sides, nice cuddy to flop in, and a decent speed made them a great smaller boat on Erie. I think that boat brought more people to larger high performance boating than any other boat out there. As for the bigger outlaw, I will never forget seeing one for the first time. It must have been one of XT buddies that hauled one up from bucyrus to drop in the water. It was all white with no name plates on it anywhere. It was the first time I have ever seen the hull.. Not knowing what it was made it super exciting!! Tried and tried connecting dots on it. It looked like an updated South Florida boat (Cig, Pantera, etc...) It wansnt until a month or two later when Powerboat Mag came out with an article on a new design from Baja. Saw the pics and realized what I saw.... That boat had super sharp lines especially in comparison to the shamu bubble boats they had in production. Likewise it is also a great bang for the buck... I always say there is no perfect boat! There is only a perfect boat for a specific application. The outlaw did a great job at rounding alot of things out and making various types of boating accessible in one rig....... As for the day I see pics of you in your new baja, I will be petitioning LS Jr. to revoke your cig memebership card...... LOL...
Old 03-05-2017, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
A 24' Outlaw at 21 had to have been a riot! When I lived back by Erie I used to see alot of them out there. I always felt they were the ultimate best bang for the buck! 24 deg deadrise, high sides, nice cuddy to flop in, and a decent speed made them a great smaller boat on Erie. I think that boat brought more people to larger high performance boating than any other boat out there. As for the bigger outlaw, I will never forget seeing one for the first time. It must have been one of XT buddies that hauled one up from bucyrus to drop in the water. It was all white with no name plates on it anywhere. It was the first time I have ever seen the hull.. Not knowing what it was made it super exciting!! Tried and tried connecting dots on it. It looked like an updated South Florida boat (Cig, Pantera, etc...) It wansnt until a month or two later when Powerboat Mag came out with an article on a new design from Baja. Saw the pics and realized what I saw.... That boat had super sharp lines especially in comparison to the shamu bubble boats they had in production. Likewise it is also a great bang for the buck... I always say there is no perfect boat! There is only a perfect boat for a specific application. The outlaw did a great job at rounding alot of things out and making various types of boating accessible in one rig....... As for the day I see pics of you in your new baja, I will be petitioning LS Jr. to revoke your cig memebership card...... LOL...

LOL, I love Cigs, and a Café is also on the list. So is a Baja 340 CC and a Concept 36 CC and a Café open (if I could find one for the right price). I'm really not picky. I need a little smaller boat than a gun, don't need to be super fast, need a nice cabin for Kelly and the kids to get out of the heat, need reliable power and need to be able to run local lakes but still rock out in the Pacific to Catalina Island and the Channel Islands out front of our house. It all comes down to whats out there when I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I'm not against owning a non cig. I'd like to stay with a Cig and a Café would be great, but most cafes on the market aren't what I'm looking for. I'd like to buy Kevin Schulte's Café back that's for sale right now (the one the dude re-named Sea Buiscut with 500EFI's) just because I know the history and it's in good shape but It's a little more than I want to spend.

And Bobby's not pulling my Cig card, sh!t, he was raised on all types of boats, though the majority were Cigs
Old 03-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Registered

And on the topic of that 24 Outlaw....It was a fantastic boat. I ran it in the pacific ocean all the time in water that I probably should not have been in, but I was young and a bit more care free. It ate up rough water though and was a lot of fun. Bought it new and had it for 8 years when I sold it and bought the Top gun.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Is that your old boat in the pic? I think it's also for sale right now, no? Maybe by the guy you sold it to.
Yep, its at Big Thunder, Eddie has it listed, I sold it to a guy in Minn without power, he did the tranny to bravo conversion on his engines. I think he has a TG now
Old 03-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

LOL, I owned a 24 Baja Outlaw and LOVED it! I couldn't afford a Cigarette at the time so I bought a Baja. I was 21 yrs old. It was a great boat! I love the lines of the 33, I like the room for 7 in the "bus" seating and that cabin has a real head, a fridge, room for a microwave, sink, seating with a table and a bed - perfect for the family. Lighter and a bit smaller than a Café or a Gun and less money for a newer boat with newer power.

Just an option
Amenities above are the reason I bought my 302. Dumped the fridge though and built in a cooler that top loads through the counter top where the burner used to be, it drains via a thru hull fitting so I don't have to remove it. Had a piece of smoked plexiglass cut and use that to close the hole in the counter so I can place a small microwave and coffee maker on it. Having a bench to sit out of the sun and eat at a table, running water sink and full head are convenient as well. After living with the windscreen I now prefer the look over the Outlaw as well as the protection/lack of wind noise when sitting. There's something for everyone out there and I don't need to fly anymore. Road racing motorcycles satisfies that need.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

As I stated in a previous thread on this boat, my only knock is the quad bolsters. However, a socket and ratchet can make sure work of those. Run 'em when you need them, take ;em out when you want a dance floor!
Old 03-10-2017, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Go for it Tank...a buddy has a 33OL and I love the boat. If money was an issue(and it is for me), I wouldnt think twice, hell, Id even like to put like to put a pair of 625HP in a 29OL !
Old 03-16-2017, 09:28 PM
Registered

Maybe sold?