Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Have you vinyl wrapped your baja? >

Have you vinyl wrapped your baja?

Notices

Have you vinyl wrapped your baja?

Old 04-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Have you vinyl wrapped your baja?

Hello,

I am looking into wrapping my 2005 Baja 275 this year. If anyone else on the forum has done a wrap I'd love to hear about your experience (good/bad?). Also it would be great to see some posts of what people out there have done with similar model boats to mine!

Thanks!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

" NALIT " on here just did a nice wrap on his 33 outlaw and it looks Awesome, he might be the guy to talk to, he just completed a week or so ago!!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks RIck.. It came out great! Love it! Black metallic looks sweet in the sun.

Havent had on water yet, but hopefully this weekend!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566273[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Have you vinyl wrapped your baja?-img_6423.jpg  
Old 04-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard "wrap" and I cringed.....because most of the wraps I've seen on boats are just awful.

However, yours looks like it could be factory gel, nailit. nice!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I heard "wrap" and I cringed.....because most of the wraps I've seen on boats are just awful.

However, yours looks like it could be factory gel, nailit. nice!
Thanks, thats what I was going for. Actually copied the idea from a newer baja. My wrap guy had mentioned that if he cut the red stripes, it woudl waste a lot of vinyl, so I asked him to delete it and just enlarge the X's. I think it came out great! Simple, not over the top, nor looks like a wrap!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566316[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Have you vinyl wrapped your baja?-img_6321.jpg  
Old 04-14-2017, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Mine is wrapped from above the rub rail to the chines, not the cockpit nor the transom. I left the deck uncovered but did a roll on anti-skid as I was sick of nearly falling on my ass everytime I went up there and forget when soaping it up during a wash.

You want to have a UV inhibitor overlay applied to the vinyl wrap material for the install to last 5-7 years. I also decided to extend my mooring cover to the chines to further protect and add to the longevity of the wrap. I also wipe 303 on it from time to time. Make sure any imperfections are thoroughly smoothed out or you'll see it through the vinyl. The vinyl also doesn't adhere well to oxidized gel coat. I have over 10 hrs. Of prep. Into my oxidized gel coat and still having delamination issues in some areas.

Overall I'm happy with the product as it costed less than re-gelling and the wrap doesn't have to be waxed 4 times a year. Don't get your boat wrapped by a car wrap company,
Old 04-29-2017, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Mine is wrapped from above the rub rail to the chines, not the cockpit nor the transom. I left the deck uncovered but did a roll on anti-skid as I was sick of nearly falling on my ass everytime I went up there and forget when soaping it up during a wash.

You want to have a UV inhibitor overlay applied to the vinyl wrap material for the install to last 5-7 years. I also decided to extend my mooring cover to the chines to further protect and add to the longevity of the wrap. I also wipe 303 on it from time to time. Make sure any imperfections are thoroughly smoothed out or you'll see it through the vinyl. The vinyl also doesn't adhere well to oxidized gel coat. I have over 10 hrs. Of prep. Into my oxidized gel coat and still having delamination issues in some areas.

Overall I'm happy with the product as it costed less than re-gelling and the wrap doesn't have to be waxed 4 times a year. Don't get your boat wrapped by a car wrap company,
Anti skid?? What did you use? Pics? I put some clear grip tape so my wife wouldnt bust her but, but it ended up turning yellow. Also tried some nonskid vinyl but it was made for brick and made out of aluminum and would conform to deck. Thought about using sex wax for surf boards?
Old 04-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
Anti skid?? What did you use? Pics? I put some clear grip tape so my wife wouldnt bust her but, but it ended up turning yellow. Also tried some nonskid vinyl but it was made for brick and made out of aluminum and would conform to deck. Thought about using sex wax for surf boards?
I'll get a pic later. send me your email address [email protected]

I'm assuming most won't want the knockdown ceiling look that winds up being when applied though. For me I didn't care as my deck gel was oxidized so I covered over all. Kiwigrip.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

275, post up a pic of your boat!

Most 2005 graphics were pretty nice..... We might be able to save you $4000 here.... Lol.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
Thanks RIck.. It came out great! Love it! Black metallic looks sweet in the sun.

Havent had on water yet, but hopefully this weekend!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566273[/ATTACH]
Where did u get it done? Which size Baja is that? Did you get the top of the boat done too? What did you wind up paying? I was looking into a wrapping my 2003 Outlaw 25 this winter.
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.