Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Put on respectable show for Baja guys... >

Put on respectable show for Baja guys...

Notices

Put on respectable show for Baja guys...

Old 10-22-2002, 02:57 PM
Allan4

Default Put on respectable show for Baja guys...

Okay humpers, just thought I would update you on our little Central Ohio Shootout last weekend. Some of you may have checked out the thread in the main section relating to this. Well ther were about 30-40 boats, lots of cats, and I was the biggest Baja (24 Outlaw) and ran well. Best I hit was 73.1 gps. Otran all but a few vees. Got lots of comments about "Damn,........that baja ran strong....." type of stuff, so mark one up for the cheap Yugo type boats we run Thought you might like to know we were well represented. Also thought you might like to know that I am SERIOUSLY considering a blower for next season. Need to figure out how much modification of the seat needs to be done first. See other thread. Later boyzzzzz. A4

Old 10-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool

73.1 is doing good. Put a blower on and you will be a bat out of hell!

Nice job.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A4, go with a pro charger and keep it under the hood. 85 plus MPH sleeper!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, that's awesome Allan! That's a damn quick 24!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Put on respectable show for Baja guys...

Originally posted by Allan4
and I was the biggest Baja (24 Outlaw) and ran well.
OK Allan, you must have had one to many by the time we (my wife and I) pulled up to you. I thought a 272 was bigger than a 24 Oh well...I will say that 24 does run strong. I wish I could have ran beside you so I know what I run on GPS. I just had Darin @ Houston Prop lab my prop and I seen a difference on my speedo (better), but I know it is off some, so I guess I should have hung out longer to see what I really ran on GPS.

What time did you head home?
Old 10-23-2002, 09:45 AM
Registered

What kind of V's were faster than you?
Old 10-23-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Quoting Allan4,
"I knew it was no ordinary day on the lake when 1.) It took about 30 minutes for the steering fluid to warm up so I could drive the damn thing and 2.) the first boat I raced was a "family edition" 23 Checkmate. We began our run and were pacing each ohter, so I pin it and start pulling away.......and then......like I was in reverse this little rocket rips past me. Ofcourse I had to catch up with him and see just WTF he was running. 800 hp turbo charged 540ci. Holy piss, that thing is outrageous. GPS 101!!!!!!!! (only hit 94 when he passed me though....POS..HAHAHAAA) When was the last time a late 80's Checkmate made you look like a two pump chump????? UNREAL!!!!"

This Checkmate was a serious sleeper. There was a 29' Fountain in the 90's too, single big block.

Last edited by Luv-N-It; 10-23-2002 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Registered

A bat out of hell was that check mate!! were Packinair was sayin they were doing 75 next to an eliminator and that little red checkmate just flew past!
on the blower, you heard mine didnt ya??
LOL!!!

That single enging fountain goes so fast due to his 600ci lingenfelter vette race engine... had to de tune then he put a NOS kit on??? why de tune then put nitrous on??
Old 10-23-2002, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally posted by HyperBaja

That single enging fountain goes so fast due to his 600ci lingenfelter vette race engine... had to de tune then he put a NOS kit on??? why de tune then put nitrous on??
Don't know why. He has a lot of money to go around. You ought to see his wife, wow! She spends the money too...
Old 10-23-2002, 03:17 PM
Registered

I think I heard he owns a used car dealership. When you went over to him, did you see us ask if we could get a pic of under his hatch?? he open it a foot and then shut it real quick! like he could even compete with some other boats out there!!

Quick Reply: Put on respectable show for Baja guys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.