Notices

Paging Dock Holiday

Old 11-22-2002, 06:14 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Dock Holiday

Mark,
Do you happen to remember what size bezels you used on your hour meters?????I want to add some to mine,but the boats in storage and i can't get to it to measure them....Also, where did you hook your water press. gauges into????the block drains or thermastat housing...
Thanks
Steve
Old 11-22-2002, 07:02 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Steve,

I used the small bezels that Gaffrig offers. They are either 2-1/16 or 2-1/8. I will have to check their catalog again for the exact size. It is easy though, because they only offer the hour meters in one size.

As for the water pressure guages, I have decided to have the dealer hook them up while the boat is in for some warranty work.
There are not any connections that I can find on the top of the engine or at the thermostat housing. You can use the drain plugs however they are low and will probably lead to the lines getting clogged. I have the lines run to the engine compartment, labled and ready for them to hook up. Will keep you posted as to where.

They are also going to add the sea strainers and replace the exhaust mufflers with the straight tips while they have it.

My wife talked me into paying them and spending more time with her this winter!

How's your boat doing steve?

Mark
Old 11-22-2002, 09:04 AM
srpbaer

Mark...what brand of exhaust tips did you go with?..I ready to ditch the mufflers too.
Thanks
JIM

Old 11-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by srpbaer
Mark...what brand of exhaust tips did you go with?..I ready to ditch the mufflers too.
Thanks
JIM
Jim,

I stayed with Corsa. They are the best and the difference in price was only about $25.00 from what you would pay from Eddie Marine.

Went with the angle tips with the anti-surge valve.

Corsa part #11000 Price each $100.00

Call and talk with Jim. He is really on the ball and a very nice guy.

http://www.corsaperf.com/mbrochure4.htm

Good luck
Mark
Old 11-22-2002, 11:34 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Mark,
Thanks for the info.....Wally from this board is getting me prices on the bezels i need plus the water press. gauges
So far, i've been fairly pleased with my outlaw,even though they tend to get a bad rap on this board,I still feel that for the money they're a damn good boat.I've got a 99,and from what I've heard Baja has improved their workmanship,which had been my biggest *****.
This past summer i tried a change in props that didn't work out as well as I had hoped.On the advise of the old teck section moderator that was on this board,I went from 23p Mirage +s to 26 Bravo 1s and really didn't gain much at all.Even after I had them labbed,I can only turn them to 4800rpm....I keep telling my wife that I now need more HP.
Steve
Old 11-22-2002, 12:32 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Steve,

The 36 is an awesome boat, as is the 33 & 40. We are so pleased with the ride, handling and the room.

As for the workmanship, I still think Baja could do a better job.

The problems we have had are really very minor except for one, and that is the headliner in the cuddy. Basically it has come loose in all the joints and is falling out. Baja devised a new system for this and our boat is amoung the first to get this. It was very nice looking when we took delivery of the boat, but started turning colors and coming down within a month. It is believed that the high heat and humidity are the cause. Baja says they have not had any problems with this system at all and had me to send them pictures. We are puzzled at the actual cause of failure.

The bottom line is they build a good boat, but still need some improvement in rigging in the engine compartment.

Sorry to hear the props did not work out for you. The gear ratio you are running probably works against you a little. I am turning the 26 pitch 4-blades at 4800 to 4900 RPM. I hope Darin gets me up over 5100 RPM.

Take care
Mark
Old 11-26-2002, 08:49 AM
boater31

Dock....Headliner fallin out????? Damn tough one to figure out for me too.......it couldnt be from you trying to run circles around cigarettes could it???

ps. hope you are all doing well up there and from the way les came home braggin on ya, you must be!! stay well and call me sometime.....Russ

Old 11-26-2002, 09:53 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by boater31
Dock....Headliner fallin out????? Damn tough one to figure out for me too.......it couldnt be from you trying to run circles around cigarettes could it???

ps. hope you are all doing well up there and from the way les came home braggin on ya, you must be!! stay well and call me sometime.....Russ
It couldn't be from running circles around you guys, because I didn't have to run that fast!

We are doing well, hope you and the wife and family are as well. I bet your ears were burning, Les and I talked some real trash about you. We are taking the boat to Florida on the 6th and hopefully the weather will hold so we can get with you guys for some more boating when we go back to get it. I will be in touch.

Mark
Old 11-27-2002, 08:37 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Mark,
Sorry to read of your headliner problems,mine has never came loose,even with the temp. extremes we have here in Michigan,but the instalation could have been better since there are a few wavy spots.
Was wondering if you could post a couple of pic's after you get your strainers installed???Been thinking of doing the same,but not sure where I want to mount them....
Thanks
Steve
Old 11-27-2002, 09:43 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Steve,

Yes, I will be glad to post some pictures as soon as I get the boat back.

I think I am going to mount them in the same location as a buddy did on his Scarab. The is on the inside of each outside stringer, in between the engine and seat. I hope this makes since the way I have written it?

Just received the exhaust tips in on UPS from Corsa a couple of minutes ago. Man they look GREAT! I cannot wait to hear the boat with these!

Have a good turkey day.

Mark