Boat Deserves Better >

Boat Deserves Better

Notices

Boat Deserves Better

Old 11-26-2002, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Boat Deserves Better/BajaRunner

THUMB'S DOWN, JASON- BAJA RUNNER, AFTER LOOKING AT WHAT YOU HAVE and I know, it's my job to do you right , you sent two props, one a mirage prop 23 its fine, it has not been worked on by any one, it just needs fine tuned or labbed and put on the right boat? Two the other prop has been butchered the dia is down over a 1/4 inch, which it also has no cupping,which it needs for lift!!!!!!! ground thin on the tips and the leading edges are as thick as a half dollar coin in area's. The rpm are too low now and there is no cupping at all. What you need is a pair of mirage 21 pitch props, labbed with extra cupping to create lift /holeshot /rpm and speed. These props you have now have rubber hubs in them / I can change the pitch, which is needed, but the heat will ruin the hubs, they are the round inner hub, so we can't convert to flo-torque, here is what we are going to start with, reduce dia on both props, pitch to 21p, add cupping, thin out in right areas and see what happens ,or trade in the props for a pair of MATCHED /LABBED/21 PITCH MIRAGE PROPS THAT WILL ACCELERATE/LIFT THE BOAT TREMONDUS COMPARED TO THE PICS AND RUN FASTER. I WILL BE CALLING YOU. check out Jasons thread under sent props to Houston Propeller/ but i can't work miracles but I will try or we need to talk trading.sorry probably NOT what you wanted to hear but this is the problem and once corrected right, THE BOAT WILL FEEL AND PERFORM LIKE A NEW BOAT. IT'S YOUR CHOICE.

Last edited by HOUSTONPROP; 11-27-2002 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Darin--

Lets talk. I bought the props on ebay

I would love to get better performance and speed. I had a even worse pair of 21's on the boat when I got it. not even the same type of prop, one spun out badly when heavy accelerating. I was hitting 4900 rpms with that combo. the 23p mirage was what came on it from the factory, so I deemed it a good place to start. I am game for anything. I thought 21's would be too small.

Heres where I was at with speed with the crappy 21's

4900rpms --21p's 62-63 gps

4600rpms --23p's 62-63 gps (current) but no blow out.

It says on the engines (350 mags) wot 4200-4600. they are 87 models.

Help
Old 11-27-2002, 08:35 AM
Registered

THANK'S FOR THE PHONE CALL! AND I WILL BE IN TOUCH ,DARIN
Old 12-02-2002, 09:11 AM
Registered

Darin

Im going to hang on to the 23's for now.

Thanks for looking at them and maybe in the future we can look at different props.

Just send them to

Jason Tuggle
1606 Headway Circle Suite #100
Austin, TX 78754

Thanks
Old 12-02-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

Wink on there way home

Jason,per our phone conversation today the 23's will be shipped out on tue. I have the 21pitch props that will need matched let me know what you decide. again thank's Darin ,HopeI didnt make you but I know what will work best and it'S not stock 21 pitch props as we discussed let me know.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Registered

Default got the props back today

Thanks. Got em back. Im going to hold off on the 21's for now.

Go ahead and just credit the card I charged them on, of course minus shipping and the time you spent on them.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered

No response from Darin. I was afraid of that.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Default baja runner

JASON WHAT'S WRONG?AFRAID OF WHAT??????/call if you want to cancel the order, not badger me!!!!!!! I have been nothing but honest with you and this .AND the time , First you call and place order then you cancel then you place the order again and barter me down another 100.00 and then you send your props in and all I was doing is being honest with you as the props are not workable,we discussed this on the phone you said ship the props back I did ,you said hold on and i';ll let you know .we'll POST YOUR CANCELLATION AND BADGER ME BECAUSE I HAVENT RESPONDED QUICK ENOUGH,HA YOU COULD OF HAD THE MANLY HOOD TO CALL AND CANCEL.HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 07:32 AM
Registered

Darin

If your going to be honest tell the whole truth. When I called to cancel the first time, you said you didnt do refunds. When I told you I would just do a chargeback on my card since I had not sent my props to you, You frantically said let me figure something out. When you called the next day, You said you needed the money since business was slow, so you would just refund $100. I did not barter you down. When I sent the props, you have the story on how they are the wrong prop for my boat and so on. BAJA put those props on from the factory. I understand one needs work, but I dont think your offer of switching to 21's is the right solution. I wasnt trying to badger you, but after I didnt get a response after a few days, and you were still posting on the board, I figured you were ignoring it.

I hate for it to end this way, because I truely think you are a good and honest businessman trying to earn a living.

Best of luck to you

Jason
Old 12-11-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

Default your wrong

about what needs to be done for the props as we discussed /the props you sent you said you bought of e- bay and as well as you /slammed another shop in your area/seems to be your job/ as far as baja putting those props on your boat they didnt//not those/ bottom line is yes you now have store credit only Jason GOOD DAY /CALL FOR THE AMOUNT I THINKS ITS AROUND 150.00 OR SO.GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply: Boat Deserves Better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.