Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Good deal on a 36 Outlaw? >

Good deal on a 36 Outlaw?

Notices

Good deal on a 36 Outlaw?

Old 12-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Luxy60

Default Good deal on a 36 Outlaw?

If you're in the market for a 36 w/ 500's this seems like a sweat deal. I have no connection with this dealer/ boat just thought the $$ was pretty good for a new boat, even though it is 3 model years old now.

Anyone priced a comparable 2003 lately??

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/8/31018698.htm

Old 12-10-2002, 08:42 PM
toonatime

Thanx for advertising our boat...
Is NEW and ready to go w 500hp carbs and air
Contact Sky(OSO member) at Park marine, Atlanta,
770-919-2628

Old 12-11-2002, 04:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does that price include the trailer?
Old 12-12-2002, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt
Deals like that don't come around very often. Somebody is going to get a nice boat for that price even if they have to buy a trailer!
I AGREE!!
Old 12-12-2002, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OMG!
That's a smokin' deal....
Old 12-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife and I took a hard look at this boat before we purchased our new 36. It is a hell of a deal.

The price did not include a trailer, when we were talking to them the best price was $133,000, which they told me was cost on the boat.

The wife did not like the colors and it does not have a pump out head. Please the are the HP engines with the carbs, and I prefer the EFI.

When we looked at another $10,000, now at $144,000, then it was two years old at that time, versus new and getting exactly what we wanted, it just did not seem like the good deal.

But at $119K, it would make someone a hell of a boat.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:43 PM
Luxy60

I guess I'm bias, I've got the exact same SST color scheme on my 25 and I must say I get a lot of compliments. Not in your face like many of the color combinations but you do have to like blue.

Just curiuos Doc, any idea what the list on the boat is?

Old 12-13-2002, 07:21 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Luxy60
I guess I'm bias, I've got the exact same SST color scheme on my 25 and I must say I get a lot of compliments. Not in your face like many of the color combinations but you do have to like blue.

Just curiuos Doc, any idea what the list on the boat is?
Luxy60,

That is why they have so many different color choices. It looks great, just different strokes for different folks.

My wife picked our boat out entirely, including the engines. I was real happy to see her so involved and knowledgeable of engines especially!

I really don't know what the list price was on this boat. The guy at this dealership was very nice. He saw me asking questions here on OSO when we were shopping and contacted me. At that time he had a 342 and the 36 Outlaw.

All I can tell you is that they said the price quoted to us at the time was their cost. That they wanted to move the boat.

Based on the 2002 we purchased, I would guess the list to be around $190,000 for that year model, and retail to be around
$160,000. Just my best guess.

Take care Mark
Old 12-13-2002, 01:23 PM
Luxy60

Doc, your wife did a terrific job! You guys have a great looking and rigged boat. My wife, who has been around the water her whole life, couldn't tell you the difference between an inboard and an outboard but she certainly would have an opinion on the color scheme! Your list $ estimate sounds about right for a 2000. If someone wanted to move up to a true offshore rig, powered and priced right, this would be a deal to consider. If they are selling for below cost they must be getting an incentive from Baja to square the deal.
Hard to believe the boat is optioned as it is, shore power, AC, etc. and it doesn't have a pump-out head?? How is that possible.....somebody forget to check the box!

Old 12-14-2002, 11:25 PM
OutlawBayB

If we weren't still looking for a new house, I'd tell my hubby to go for it. (NO HONEY, THAT DOES NOT MEAN TO BUY IT!!!!)

You can always get over the colors, if you like everything else. There's always paint shops / new graphics for a price. IMHO, I don't think it's bad. It's a hell of a deal for the right person!!

Quick Reply: Good deal on a 36 Outlaw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.