Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters >

Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters

Notices

Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters

Old 02-13-2003, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested is this too. I had to break-up the old ones and used smaller powder coated replacements. Put them in at an angle with a rubber mallet. Not pretty ( 2 of them are dented ). Used glazing compound to seat them. There has to be a way to remove those grab handles, but I haven't been able to figure a way. I'd like to replace them the right way
Old 02-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what size Baja you have. On the 36 the old plastic cups came right out with little effort. The new ones were too large for the holes, but with a little sanding/grinding they went right in.

The handles were not an issue?

I would list pictures, but the boat is down in Florida at this time.

Good luck.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:57 AM
Registered

Dock,

I've got a '33 (99). On mine, the handles prevent putting in the cup holders vertically. They have to be put in at about a 30 - 45 degree angle. And, with the hole being tight anyway, it seems vitually impossible to do the job right without taking the handles off.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters

Did any of you figure out how to change out the cup holders in the rear bolster with the grab handles on the 33? I have new ones ordered and I can see the the handles are right in the way. Is there a way to remove them?

Thanks for any info.
Bill
Old 06-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

It's not easy, but it can be done.

I broke the old plastic ones like Big E did and got them out. Then I discovered that I was going to have a real hard time getting the new ones in.

What I did was to pull the vinyl away as far as possible and got the dremel tool out with a sanding attachment. I sanded at an angle. The back of the hole toward the handles I sanded from the bottom, and the front I sanded from the top.

Do not sand the sides.

This allowed the cups to go in at an angle to clear the handles, but still be snug in the holes.

It did take a while, and you will have a mess to clean up.

I would suggest you really go slow and take your time. Have someone else hold the vinyl so you don't get into it with the sander.

Good luck!

Well, it is telling me that my pictures are too large. I will try and post some as soon as I can resize.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 06-21-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey Dock

I saw Bobby Todd this weekend and his boat at Kelly's Island in lake erie. What a hell of a boat. I have seen pictures but in person it is bad a$$. He told me to tell you Hi.

Sorry for butting in on this thread. I bought my cup holders from Too Old and they fit perfectly. I had to bust out the rear holders in my 302 but the front 2 came out really easy.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Registered

Liquid, I put mine in similar to the way Dock did. Just don't take out to much material, and fit as you go.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb
Hey Dock

I saw Bobby Todd this weekend and his boat at Kelly's Island in lake erie. What a hell of a boat. I have seen pictures but in person it is bad a$$. He told me to tell you Hi.

Sorry for butting in on this thread. I bought my cup holders from Too Old and they fit perfectly. I had to bust out the rear holders in my 302 but the front 2 came out really easy.
Hey Ironman,

Thanks for passing that on to me. He is a real nice guy! I spoke with him last week about some props he wants to sell and he said he was heading to Erie.

The problem with our cup holders is the triple bolster rear seat has handles made into it. Does your boat have the triple bolster setup?

You cannot get the original out or the new ones in without modifications, they just will not clear the handles.

Dock
Old 06-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Okay, lets try this again!
Attached Thumbnails Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters-picture-284-medium-.jpg  
Old 06-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Dock. I was hoping there was an easy way to remove the handles to avoid the sanding,etc. I guess sanding is not that big of a deal, just a mess. I have see this pic before and the cup holders look great, but aren't we supposed to give you a bad time about leaving a bumper out laying around like that?

I too bought my cup holders from Too Old. Seems like a great guy.

Thanks again,
Bill

Quick Reply: Installing cup holders,in an outlaw with triple rear bolsters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.