Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Faria Gauges >

Faria Gauges

Notices

Faria Gauges

Old 04-11-2003, 10:31 AM
29Fever

Default Faria Gauges

I have the Faria gauges with chrome rims on my 302. Does anyone know if you can put bezels behind them? I've never seen them, but I think a color would look good with the chrome.

Old 04-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the gauges drop in from the front them S.B. no problem. Measure the O.D. of the guage and I.D. of the hole to be sure before you buy.

Mine mount from the back for a flush look and I'll probably replace all gauges this year.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges

If you are looking for new gauges, watch on EBay. I just bought a new set of Faria gauges for a twin for $150. They include the Baja signature on them. The glass has a few minor scratches that should buff out.

Jim
Old 04-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Faria Gauges

Originally posted by 29Fever
I have the Faria gauges with chrome rims on my 302. Does anyone know if you can put bezels behind them? I've never seen them, but I think a color would look good with the chrome.
Yes,

if they are standard diameter gauges that companies like Livorsi Marine (Gaffrig)makes bezels for you will not have any problems.

I did it on my Baja 272, but it had Gaffrig gauges. Just order the bezel style and color you want, pull the dash panel out so you can get to the back of the gauges, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR BATTERIES TURNED OFF (Iwould pull the ground cables off while I worked on it), and take each guage off one at a time, put the bezel behind it and put it back on before you move to the next one.

It is a slow process but the end result is VERY nice. I had red gaffrig gauges on the 272 and I put polished behind them and it looked AWESOME.

I plan to make it a winter project on the 36 Outlaw. I have red monster gauges on it and I plan to put Blue bezels behind them. It raises them up and they really stand out.

Good luck.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered

Default Lifetime warrantee

Next week I'm sending Faria several of my failed gauges. Just a head's up to all that their "lifetime" warrantee is good for 3 years. After that, they want you to pay a fee for each instrument you return. The pricing seems to be about what the actual build or wholesale cost of each particular gauge would be (it varies by gauge). Obviously they're trying to cover their cost on the claims. I think it’s a bit of a scam but I’ll see how the replacements (and remining stock) units hold up. If it happens again I’ll install another maker’s gauge set.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

M1

hows the 38. I want a ride in it this summer
Old 04-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Allan4

Thanks for the heads up M1. I have an oil pres guage or sender that is going nutty on me.

What is up Feee-va!!!

Old 04-18-2003, 09:20 PM
Registered

Jason, did you get my email?

BajaRunner, you can look up the warranty policy on the faria-instruments website. I'm not allowed to post url's here becasue I haven't made 15 posts yet. Or, I'd send you the exact link to the PDF.

This guy can give you details:

[email protected]
Old 04-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Registered

Sent off my gauges today. Almost $100 to fix these defective gauges! Some "lifetime" warranty. I can understand one failing, but four?!? One tach, 2 oil pressures, and one coolant temp.

This is the 2nd time I've come across a warranty not worth the paper it's printed on. In the future I'm going to really investigate warranties to see if they should be a consideration in my decision to buy.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got your email.

When are you getting it out next? Im going to try and get out on sunday.

Its GOT to be ready for memorial weekend.

Quick Reply: Faria Gauges

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.