Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Allan4 is about to beat his head with a pipe wrench.. >

Allan4 is about to beat his head with a pipe wrench..

Notices

Allan4 is about to beat his head with a pipe wrench..

Old 04-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Allan4

Default Allan4 is about to beat his head with a pipe wrench..

Well.....last night I got home at about midnight. Yes.....I had just spent the last 2 hours at my THIRD scanner in about 2-3 weeks. Yes......I just scanned some important pics and some fun pics.....ya know, boat pictures and stuff. A couple trailers and a truck we are selling. Yes.....I was pretty happy that I finally found a scanner that I could use, ya know, since the other two produced sit files that BIll Gates could not open if he used the NASA facitlites......

Yes......I get home, download the pics (about 84 minutes) and life is just dandy. Then I go to post some pics on OSO today and .........DENIED!!!!!

WRONG M-FING FILES AGAIN!!!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with a bmp file??? I'm about ready to shove a bmp file up someone's keister.

Okay.....help me get this the f*ck figured out.......

Old 04-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant you save them as a JPEG?
Old 04-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Allan4

I don't know, they just saved as thesed bmp files. I don't even know what the hell that means.....

My buddies wife helped me do it at there house, she said that is a pretty standard file...

Old 04-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Registered

Allan,
I think all you have to do is change the extension from .bmp to a .jpeg. For example, mike.bmp to mike.jpeg file.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A *.bmp file is a Windows standard Bitmap. It stores the information pixel by pixel, but it typically has a much larger file size compared to other file types.

A bmp file can easily be converted into a JPEG file(*.jpg) and the file size will be dramatically smaller. That is one of the reasons it is the most popular format for use on the internet.

You can use most any program, for instance MS Photo Editor, newer versions of MS Paint, or my Favorite, "Irfanview."

Open the bmp file and then use the "Save As" option in the "File" menu. There should be a drop-down menu which prompts you for the new files type.

After that, OSO will be able to use them.

But to avoid all that hassle, Your scanner, and most importantly the software used to run it, should have options where you can indicate what file type you want to store it in.

Good Luck, Allen!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allen,

Just like Baja Daze said, save them as a jpeg as the file size will be a lot smaller.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Allan4

There is no "Save As" coming up under the "file" in the toolbar. I know what you are refering to, I use it on the word processor all the time, but I could not find one in this window. I opened the file of pics from "AOL Downloads". They are all there with little bmp logos on them. What should I try next other than self mutilation...?

Old 04-24-2003, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try renaming the pic with a jpg or jpeg as the extention instead of the bmt such as example.bmt to example.jpg
Old 04-24-2003, 07:02 AM
Registered

right click on the file, highlight re-name, then this should allow you to re-name the file that and save it that way. you can do this through explorer, my documents, and so on. geez allan, bring your boat and a laptop to Alum Creek, I'll do it for ya there
Old 04-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Allen,
Download this program, it's the Chit!

Irfanview

In the upper right of that webpage where it says download, select which operating system you have and it will download. Install it when it's done downloading and use that. It's a great program with a ton of features.

BTW, simply renaming the file extension won't work...the two formats have different file structures.

Quick Reply: Allan4 is about to beat his head with a pipe wrench..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.