Notices

Paging Doc Holiday

Old 04-26-2003, 05:53 PM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Doc Holiday

Doc,
A while back you mentioned that you were having water press. gauges installed.Do you know where they tapped in with the lines???I tried putting a fitting on the thermastat housing,but all I'm getting is 1lb. of pressurse.What kind of pressure do you normally get....
Thanks
Steve
Old 04-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

I don't have good news yet on the water pressure guages.
They are installed and plumbed, but I do not get a reading on either one.

I mounted the guages and run the hoses to the engine compartment. The dealer made the connection to the block. We did a water test and nothing. The dealer told me he has seen them do nothing and then when you least expect it they start working.

Does not look good for me, I have put over ten hours on the boat and nothing.

If you are sitting on the rear seat facing backward, looking into the engine compartment, they plumbed them on the left side in the middle of the block.

I called Livorsi and Ed laughed, he said I kinked the lines somewhere. They are "VERY" small, less them 1/8 inch ID and I plan to double check everything this week.

I thought I really needed them, now the more I learn, it is hard to keep them working. I hear they get stopped up very easy.

Will keep you posted on what I find and the results.

Mark
Old 04-27-2003, 09:14 PM
Registered

my last boat had them, they did not work for year, then worked on and off for a year, then last year when i sold it they worked perfect. I would have taken them out but did not know what to put in there place.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Seems like the 1/8th inch lines would get clogged very easily.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

I tried to get some pictures for you today, but my camera is too big to get down where I need it.

I've attached this picture but not worth much. The fitting is on the starboard side of each motor, below the exhaust, about in the middle of the block.

I took the fittings off the gauges today, and damn, I must be an idiot! I had tightened them down so much that the ferrule had turned side ways and crushed the tube.

Hope this is the problem. Fixed both of them and DID NOT over tighten.

Will know next weekend if it worked. I just hope the guy that did the ones on the block did not make the same mistake I did.

If it doesn't work I will check the ones on the block and the last resort will be to go with a larger tube.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Paging Doc Holiday-misc-boat-5-3-03-115.jpg  
Old 05-05-2003, 05:57 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Mark,
Thanks for the picture....Sounds you and I have the same bad habit,many times when I tighten something I tend to just give it that one extra turn,to make sure it's snug,and then end up stripping it,or snapping it off
So far I've only ran my boat on the hose,and can get only 1 lb. of pressure on the gauges.I drilled and tapped the thermastat housing for the fitting,if this dosen't work, when I finally get the boat on the water,I'm going to remove the plug on top of the water pump and try puting the fitting there....
All the pictures you posted look great....Wish this old man could figure out how to do it
Steve