Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Polished -vs- Satin Finish: The Results... >

Polished -vs- Satin Finish: The Results...

Notices

Polished -vs- Satin Finish: The Results...

Old 06-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the satin props back early. They look pretty menacing. If it ever stops raining I’ll get to try them.
Attached Thumbnails Polished -vs- Satin Finish: The Results...-copy-dcp_0002_0001.jpg  
Old 06-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Ric232

Originally posted by 29 OUTLAW
but at least with the satin I won't have to worry about those ugly water spots on the props.
No, but you will get rust spots.

Old 06-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Menacing

had to get the dictionary out on this one (mean) Darin
Old 06-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Registered

Hey HOUSTONPROP,

I don’t know what dictionary you have but I looked up the word “menacing” in my dictionary and this is what showed up:
Attached Thumbnails Polished -vs- Satin Finish: The Results...-bd.jpg  
Old 06-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Registered

Talking Dictionary(new version)

Hey HOUSTONPROP,

I don’t know what dictionary you have but I looked up the word “menacing” in my dictionary and this is what showed up:
OH !!! YOU have the new version! !Yours is alot better keep up the good work someone has to do it./later Darin
Old 06-11-2003, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LMAO!!! Webster's been doing his homework...
Old 06-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Registered

Finally got on the water. No earth-shattering test results in terms on polished vs. satin. I made one wide-open run and only saw 77.1 mph. Nowhere near my best of 78.3 mph. Could of had something to do with the fact that it was 92 degrees today vs. the 80 degree day when I saw the 78.3. It might be September before we see any 80 degree days. Also had a full tank of fuel.

How much difference in speed do you guys see when running with a full tank vs. say...1/4 tank? I'm way too chicken to run that low since I know how inaccurate boat fuel gauges are. I top off the tank each time I go out.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Registered

I did manage to get one picture today - you can never have too many boat pictures:
Attached Thumbnails Polished -vs- Satin Finish: The Results...-dcp_0007.jpg  
Old 06-15-2003, 08:08 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I guess all I need now is an acurate GPS. The GPS I have is 1-1.5mph slow at 70mph when compared to the speedos in my vehicles.
Then I would say that the speedo's in your vehicles are off a touch. GPS should be the more accurate instrument for checking speed. The speedo's in my two vehicles are about 2 mph different from eachother. My truck is almost dead nuts on with my gps, but I did have the speedo re-calibrated last year (new larger tires that the dealer put on it before I took possesion threw it way off and actually affected the computer and the tranny shift points....was a pain in the ass).

'Foul
Old 06-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Waterfoul
Then I would say that the speedo's in your vehicles are off a touch. GPS should be the more accurate instrument for checking speed. The speedo's in my two vehicles are about 2 mph different from eachother. My truck is almost dead nuts on with my gps, but I did have the speedo re-calibrated last year (new larger tires that the dealer put on it before I took possesion threw it way off and actually affected the computer and the tranny shift points....was a pain in the ass).

'Foul
I agree. Vehicle speedos are not real accurate. Tire size and inflation play such a big role. Nonetheless, I've tested that GPS against 3 different vehicles and it reads 1 - 1.5 slow in each verhicle. I'm still not buying a new GPS but if I ever have a chance to borrow a better one I will. The one I have is one of those cheapo $119.00 ones

Quick Reply: Polished -vs- Satin Finish: The Results...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.