Thinking of Trading Boats...

Notices

Thinking of Trading Boats...

Old 05-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GATORONE
The boat ran around 83 on the gps at the jacksonville run. I went buy them like they were dragging a anchor. Standard speedos just make you feel good until somebody who can run the speeds you quote blows buy.
These guys just cannot stand to have a boat with cockpit and cuddy room, ride, handling and styling out run them for less money!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes more HP to push these true vee's, but damn they are SWEET.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
These guys just cannot stand to have a boat with cockpit and cuddy room, ride, handling and styling out run them for less money!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to mention reliability.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:55 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love that steering wheel
Old 06-01-2003, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everybody has a 80 or 90 mph boat until they put a gps in it. It was a very nice boat and yes it did run 90 on the speedo but only around 83 to 84 on the gps. You do the math it had 30 pitch bravos.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:16 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by GATORONE
Everybody has a 80 or 90 mph boat until they put a gps in it. It was a very nice boat and yes it did run 90 on the speedo but only around 83 to 84 on the gps. You do the math it had 30 pitch bravos.
You are 100% right!

The guys at Baja are shooting straight with us, however they also had eight people on the boat from what many have told me!

I was on it Saturday and it is one sweet ride! They are all over the limiters and the boat is going back to repair some damage to the center drive. With the new props they are testing I think they will see 90 MPH out of it.

When you consider the room and ride, it is awesome.

Also, I have had three different boats all with Graffrig speedo's. I have yet to have on that read even three MPH fast. My last boat read 1 MPH slower than the GPS which really sucked. However, every Fountain I have been on reads FAST my many MPH's. It has been posted on OSO many times that Fountain orders their speedo's to read fast! So I understand your thinking.

I love Fountains and don't want to get in a pissing contest with you, but you come over here to Baja.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said Dock.

Everyone on here OSO has a nice boat, some may be faster than others, but that does not give anyone the right to bash them. I personally love the Baja Outlaw styling and performance. My 25 Outlaw might not be the fastest boat on the water, but it can handle some pretty tough conditions and still run in the lower 70's. In this thread we were just talking about a boat that really was a sweet looking boat. Then somehow it turn into a someone with a Fountain bashing Baja's.

Sorry about the ranting, just had to get this off my mind.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Big E

Hey Dock - I saw that boat tonight on Interstate 44 heading east about 50 miles outside of St. Louis. The truck pulling it was all white, kind of a tractor trailer type truck, the truck had a BajaMarine.com decal on the drivers side door. I drove right along side of it. I figured it was heading to Bucyrus Ohio, since the trailer and truck had Ohio license plates. The boat had triples sterndrives on it. It is one awesome boat.

Old 06-09-2003, 06:24 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Big E, where you been hiding dude? Good to hear from you again!

That is the one, they are taking it back for repairs. The center drive is shot!

Also they plan a prop change from what I understand. Still dialing it in.

As the rep said, this could be your next boat!!!

They will take it back to the factory at the end of the season, totally go through it and offer it for sale. Better get your name in the hat!

Dock
Old 06-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Big E

Dock - I've been busy re-habbing some rental property, it took a lot of my time during the evenings after work, but I'm done now and its rented out. Its nice to have some spare time in the evenings to do some catching up. Do you have your summer plans made out for LOTO yet? The clock is ticking and the water is just starting to warm up. Nice to talk to you again.