Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Gutting Corsa Tips????  NEED INFO! >

Gutting Corsa Tips???? NEED INFO!

Notices

Gutting Corsa Tips???? NEED INFO!

Old 05-28-2003, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But I do like the chome (tape) pvc idea, let me know how it turns out!
Old 05-29-2003, 07:25 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Missouri
On a serious note, Did you have any problems with water inversion? I'm nervous about using them (after gutting) without internal flappers. I do have the black rubber externals. I can gut them easy (Plasma), I 'm just a little sceptical about how the black flappers would due at keeping the water out.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered

I ran it last weekend w/o a problem..
I have had it happen with Stainless Marines angle cut tips w/ internal flappers and no salsbury flaps (black rubber flappers) on another boat I have!
Old 05-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Registered

Need the Speed
Your boat has through hull exhaust?
Man! That thing is so quiet at idle I thought you were sportin' twin 4.6 V6's. You should have bought my Lightnings when I had them for sale! Just bustin, my man!
You and the Peach Orchard boys are going to have to get louder stereos if you change those mufflers. My wife thinks I am a hero for buying a boat with Silent Choice! I never realized you could actually hear the music from the stereo at cruise, until I bought my "old man" Wellcraft. I will race you anytime, as long as you don't go over 60mph!
Cliff
Old 05-31-2003, 08:10 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Glenora
The way I figured this whole thing up is like this: If I replace my tips with loud tips I won't be able to hear my wife ***** as much when I crack 70. I will be eliminating that issue, now if I could just figure out a way to get her to stop hitting me with fenders, that would totally eliminate my problem. You see, it's a two stop process. On a serious note, did you get SPBA letter? I received a couple back with"No such address" stamped on them. Were doing pretty good as far as members go. I think were up to about 40'ish. A couple boys fom the Roch. area are hot on my heals for info. Should be a good time!
Old 06-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Need,

I was wondering if you have any info on the poker run on Seneca lake this year. I missed out last year and I really would like to do it this year. Thanks ET
Old 06-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

ET
Seneca Lake ROPA run is July 18th-20th. For more info go to www.ROPA.com or Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association. They will give you all the info you need. If you want I can send you a Application for the SENECA POWER BOAT Association. We currently have about 40-50 members and are building member base steadily. We also have a diversified calander of events. No "OFFICIAL" Poker Runs yet but alot of "FUN" runs and so on and so forth. PM me for any info.

P.S. First SPBA event (Tie-off @12:00) is June 14th at the South end of Seneca.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Registered

Need-some-Speed,
I got the SPBA newsletter. Thanks. It looks like a fun line up for the summer. I am especially looking forward to the over-nighter on Cayuga Lake. I brought the boat home this weekend and put up the full canvas (because of the fu#king rain!), but it is actually pretty neat. I hooked up my shorepower in the driveway and kept my Heinekens cold in the fridge while I installed a new throttle trim switch, new battery boxes, and an auxillary 12v outlet. I could easily sleep in this boat (especially after 12 Heineys!) Took a ride on Seneca today in my buddy's cruiser and there is tons-o-**** floating out there!
Cliff
Old 06-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Glenora
Bob was telling me the same thing about the drifters. At this point (between the rain and the temp AND NOW DEBRI) I'm thinking that the cardboard boat tie-off will be the next time I get the Outlaw wet. This is a sad state of affairs. See ya.