Gutting Corsa Tips????  NEED INFO! >

Gutting Corsa Tips???? NEED INFO!

Notices

Gutting Corsa Tips???? NEED INFO!

Old 05-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gutting Corsa Tips???? NEED INFO!

Just curious if any of you have tried gutting the ENTIRE Corsa silent choice tip? Yes I took the outer baffle off (4 rivets) BUT now theres a plate with a threaded rod and bolt thru it. Do I keep going? I have the black rubber external flappers, if I remove all the "guts" will I have problems with water inversion? With my huge swimplatform you can't really see the exhaust tips, so if I can make this thing sound a little meaner without spending cash on new tips I'd really like that. ANY INFO WILL HELP.

P.S. Dock in the event that I can't gut these tips, would you happen to have the part number of the tips you purchased?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen some other threads on this subject. It is possible to remove the internals, but why go to all that work? It is so easy to just replace with gutted Corsa tips. That's what I did. MUCH better sound. And I sold my muffled tips.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't waste your time. From what I have been told, and having taken a good close of look at them, I don't think it would be easy, and may not work at all.

Sorry, I do not know the number for the tips. I just looked up Corsa online and gave them a call. They knew exactly what I needed with just a few questions.

You want internal flappers, just pick out the style, straight, angle and length and they will ship them the same day. Great people to deal with. think they were around $115.00 pair.

Good luck and keep us posted on which way you go.
Attached Thumbnails Gutting Corsa Tips????  NEED INFO!-misc-boat-5-3-03-054.jpg  
Old 05-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Registered

Need-the-speed, I purchased some tips from IMCO a couple years ago. They were 4" with internal flaps. $165 including shipping and the part was #ET-624F
Old 05-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Registered

If you decide to replace the tips and want maximum sound when heard from behind, get tips that are cut as close to the transom as possible. The transom of the boat serves as an infinite baffle and the closer the end of your tips are to the transom (the infinite baffle), the louder your sound will be when listening from behind. Tips that extend way beyond the transom leave a large area of rarified air between the transom and the end of the tip. That rarified air will dampen the sound pressure by “sucking” it back.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Interesting info 29. Thanks
Old 05-27-2003, 09:46 AM
29Fever

Freind of mine just completely gutted his and hasn't had any problems yet.

Old 05-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Registered

After 3 hours of bending, prying and hammering....I took them to my brother-in-laws shop and it took him an hour and a half with torches and pneumatic saws to undo my masterpiece and gut them! I recommend C-4!

If you don't have any C-4......
You have to cut the ring you took the rivets out of with a power saw and pry the sections off.....
Then use a power chisel to get the 3 small welds on the plate with the nut off.....
Take the nut off the center......
Bend that plate until you can get it out( do not bend the 3 pieces of metal on the sides....
Remove the cupped plate behind that one......
Then twist and pull the coil springlike thingy out that ends up to be about 15 feet long.....
Mission accomplished!

Like I said....C-4!

Last edited by missouri; 05-27-2003 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Now were talkin' thanks for the info missouri. Let me axs you a question, how'd she sound? After that trying experience are you glad you did it? After reading your post I'm thinkin' it might be easier to cut the elbows off the mani's and duct tape some 3" pvc pipe to them. I figure I'll run it straight up thru the engine hatch. It'll look like one of those big Pullin' Tractors. Hell I'll even duct tape a little flapper on the end for effect. While I'm at it I can wrap the PVC with duct tape so it looks like chrome. NIIICCCEE!
Old 05-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Registered

There is only an 1/4 inch or so all the way around the plate for exhaust to go thru...much louder and runs better....the boat I took them off of was changed to just thru hull (Blocked the thru hub) and it was too restrictive.......better flow!

Last edited by missouri; 05-28-2003 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Gutting Corsa Tips???? NEED INFO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.