Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
A couple of questons about 24 Outlaw fuel cell... >

A couple of questons about 24 Outlaw fuel cell...

Notices

A couple of questons about 24 Outlaw fuel cell...

Old 06-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Allan4

Sorry tank, I can't find it.

They are called togglers. I got them from West Marine.

I will try to find some more info. Maybe this pic will rattle your brain and you will be able to find them in hte online catalog....

Sorry about you girlfreind chief, must have been a hell of a party, catch ya on the flip side...
Attached Thumbnails A couple of questons about 24 Outlaw fuel cell...-day-after-1.jpg  

Old 06-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I would have followed the directions they might not have been that bad to install. It was hard to get the toggler part locked in against the floor with the foam in there.
You are just through bolting the bolsters to a small 3/4'' by 2'' plate with only a few threads in the plate. Dont know how long they will last. It might be a better idea to cut the big hole and put larger backing plates in with real nuts. We just had to get this done quick before the rain gets here this weekend.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally posted by Allan4

Sorry about you girlfreind chief, must have been a hell of a party, catch ya on the flip side...
Allan, I thought that was your girl!! I was priming her for you. I know how you like 'em you sick f*ck!!

Anyway, I put the toggles in yesterday. Let me tell you, after four trips to West Marine to get the right bolts and pretty much spending all day putting them in I came to the conclusion I should've just put the access panel in. I just am kind've against putting another panel in the floor ya know? Hopefully they hold up for a while. I guess eventually I'll put the panel in and through bolt them in.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Allan4

Toggles held up good for a few hard hits in the Cincy race, but it was not very rough, so not a real true test. I know what ya mean, I hate carving up a perfectly good boat!!

See ya chief....good luck be safe. I swear one of these days I am gonna rondevous with you guys @ Havasu.

Later...

Old 06-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Registered

Get out there bro. We're going July 11th for that weekend.

Tank
Old 06-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Allan4

Maybe not that soon........

Don't worry, I'll make it out there some day.....maybe late season this year?

We'll see

Later humpo....

Old 06-25-2003, 08:24 PM
greg hacker

had same problem on same boat. colapsable ancors from hardware store work great

Old 06-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Registered

Thanks Greg. I installed the ones like Allan had last week. We'll see how they do this week but they are very secure from what I can tell. I'll leave putting in the access panel as a last resort. I'd just rather stay away from putting another one in.

Tank
Old 06-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Allan4

Yo Tank....Did you get all 4 in? We only got 2 in, but the installer (BAJABOAT) was being paid with arcade tokens and he was going rather slow and wasting alot of my supplies......Hahahahahaha

Just kidding Todd, better you than me

Old 06-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Registered

Allan! Bro, I did only get two in as well!! They're a biotch to get in there. But they seem sturdy as hell. We went for a run up the coast yesterday. About a 30-45 min ride. The water was smooth but big rollers spred out pretty good. Big air/hang time but not alot of jolts and bumps.......Until the way back. Hit some pretty confused water plus swell on the way home. Got knocked around pretty good. The seat didn't even as much as make a creek. Held awesome! I'm very happy with them right now. Hopefully they stay intact. If not, I'll be looking into the access panel again. Thanks for all the advise on this though, it helped.

Tank