You have got to be kidding.....!?#%@ >

You have got to be kidding.....!?#%@

Notices

You have got to be kidding.....!?#%@

Old 07-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that the drive was shimmed wrong, thus resulting in a slight offset in the gear alignment further resulting in a total cluster F%&K!
105 I have an 02 29 Outlawwith 496 mag's. Normally I can get into the 73's on GPS. If I was to by NEW again it would probably be a Fountain Excutioner. The price is just about the same as a new 33 Outlaw (135,000)but I'm pretty sure the resale as well as the fit and finish of the Fountain would be a little better. Ofcourse this is only an opinion. There is certainly Pro's and Con's to both boats.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Registered

Unhappy

I'd doubt it's any consoluation, but a similar thing happened to us. The whole upper unit went. The boat was only a couple months old, and it was apparently a factory defect in the way the unit was assembled. You'd have to ask the husband for particulars, he has that third leg that helps with understanding these things. All I know is the boat was broke, he wasn't happy and it was my job to keep the Captain Morgan comin'. I hope it's fixed for you in time for the 4th...that would really blow.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank goodness for warranty, just sounds like you got a bad one. Twins do come in handy though.

I have a 3, 4 and 8 year olds. One time we lost an engine due to ignition. The kids went to sleep, drank some beer, talked with the wife and generally had a good time.

I've got close to 600 Hp driving my original 1994 bravos with 400 hours, never rebuilt. I have another set with Imco uppers just waiting.

I've been boating for almost 40 years (since birth). Stuff does go wrong. Just smile and try to go with the flow
Old 07-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Johnny Bravo

Definately have to go with the flow and make the best of it. We were towed for 26 miles going all of 5 to 6 mph. It took forever. It was all I could do to refrain from singing "tow tow tow your boat gently down the stream". I somehow don't think that would have went over too well. LOL

On a good note - Baja took care of us. No worries. Everthing will be fine.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

The Local Marina (Glen Harbor Marina) was able to get the entire upper sent from Mercury. The boat will be ready for the 4th. Don Roberts and the rest of the crew at Glen Harbor were really great about the whole situation. Considering I DID NOT BY THE BOAT FROM THEM, I really think that says something. They could have told me to blow smoke. Thanks guys!