Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do?? >

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Notices

Baja wants to "fix" the hull of my Boat, what should I do??

Old 08-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was primarily referring to Ironman's situation in post #53 with the boat that lists at cruise.

Johnny Bravo also seems to me to have a boat that is structurally deficient in some manner, and the factory should take care of him.

I am neither an engineer, or strucurally knwledgable enough to render anything more than an opinionated (is that a word?) guess on the stringer issue.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:41 AM
syringa

Customer satisfaction>> Isn't that what's it all about. I too am confused why the dealer isn't taking more responsibility in this matter. Possibly something could be worked out between Baja and the dealer in so far as getting the customer a new boat,trading the fixed one etc. etc. We used to be Baja dealers in the late 90's and found they were very good to deal with. The warranty is only as good as the dealer. !!! Just my 02 cents

Syringa

Old 08-31-2003, 12:56 PM
Adivanman

maybe there is not a dealer involved?

Old 09-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 51 Posts

To everyone on this post:

I want to clear some things up. First, Baja has looked at the hull and has said that it is the cause of the listing . Second, I don't have a dealer involved because my original dealer no longer deals with Baja and they were not doing anything to help anyway.

Third (directed to Adivanman) I am not against having Baja "fix" the boat--- however Baja has stated that this will be more than minor repair and with the "customer service" they have provided up to this point I am very worried, first about their ability to correctly fix the hull and the other problems caused by it and also if there are any future problems with their " repair work" what will be done about it. You need to understand that I reported this problem to my dealer within 2 days of receiving the boat. They supposedly reported it to Baja --- nothing happened --- then I was told the listing could be fixed by simply adjusting a tie bar. I found out this spring that the tie bar was not the problem and immediately contacted Baja. They did not respond for 11 days and when they did respond they simply told me to take it to a different dealer. The new dealer tried to fix some of the problems but still had problems getting parts from Baja --- they thought a leak in the hydraulic steering was causing the listing. I finally got Baja to send engineers to the boat to look at it. They immediately said it had hull defects. Anyway --- sorry for all the detail -- but it is now September, I contacted Baja this year during the first week of May (not including last year when I contacted my dealer which should be the same as contacting Baja)--- I believe that I have reason to question allowing them to "fix" the hull rather than replace the hull. They have barley shown me that they can return a phone call or send correct parts. I am dragging the cart so far behind that the horse has no idea what the hell it's pulling.....

Hope this clears things up a bit.

PS. The boat does not list at rest, it lists while I am running.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Johnny Bravo

I would like reinstate the problems we are having. Since the 25 outlaw was new we started experiencing stress crackes at the four cockpit corners.

The first year Baja paid greatlakes boat repair to fix them ( they did a great job). Within two outings they started to reapear. by the end of the second season they were back with a vengence. Baja sends us back to greatlakes boat repair to have them warranty the work they performed and reinforce the area where the cracks were.

Now this year the cracks in the rear of the engine hatch are minor but they are back. The ones above the bulkhead have cracked all the through the fiberglass and are at different levels. The foot rest is moving and broken loose.

Baja sent a rep. up to the thousand Islands to look at the problem and he felt that the bulkhead and the deck are moving. The only way to fix the problem was to cut the deck off, repair the bulkhead and install a new deck. I offered baja a deal to trade me up to a new 29 or 30 but they elected to bring the boat back to the factory and determine what to do then. For the past three weeks I have not been able to reach anyone at baja or have them return our calls.

We love our 25 and have not seen a boat this size handle as well as the baja does. I do understand that every one has a bad boat it is just how they handle the problems that count. By the way this is our second baja our last one was a 93 24 outlaw (no problems)

Old 09-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 51 Posts

Go to my new thread " Happy baja owner once again " to read about what baja is going to do to my boat. I had to start a new thread this one is to damn long.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WoW my eyes hurt from reading all of this!