Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja Windscreen Material >

Baja Windscreen Material

Notices

Baja Windscreen Material

Old 07-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still working on this does anyone know someone to contact at Spartech that might help me other than the people in customer service? Or someone that has the capabilities to do a custom one from pictures and the boat?

I found out the real story on this when Baja's obligation for warranty was done they told Spartech to scrap the molds so that no more could be made or the molds couldn't get taken and used by someone. Thats real nice for the people like me that need one and can't get it. How many Baja's are out there with windscreens on them what happens when someone steps on one or something on those lines...GOOD luck to those that have windscreens cause I've never experienced something like this trying to get a part you'd think I was looking for the wiper for a 1909 Model T. If I was I could probably find that.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered

I think their feeding you a line because I wasn't able to get anywhere with Baja in 2001 for a 1990 Baja then tried Spartech and they wouldn't talk either. I ended up talking to a SeaRay dealer (Skipper Buds in Coopersville, MI) and they ordered me a replacement windshield no problem (other than the price) I had it in a couple weeks and it came from Spartech. The full 3 piece windshield came to $2321.47

Good luck
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Playn
I think their feeding you a line because I wasn't able to get anywhere with Baja in 2001 for a 1990 Baja then tried Spartech and they wouldn't talk either. I ended up talking to a SeaRay dealer (Skipper Buds in Coopersville, MI) and they ordered me a replacement windshield no problem (other than the price) I had it in a couple weeks and it came from Spartech. The full 3 piece windshield came to $2321.47

Good luck
Interesting! I wonder if a SeaRay dealer could get me one then. I'll try to call Skipper Buds in Coopersville as well because to have it custom made is getting expensive.

Thanks for the lead.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered

Just ordered one for my 29 Outlaw throught the local Baja dealer. $1400 with shipping and tax Glad I'm not footing the bill.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
Just ordered one for my 29 Outlaw throught the local Baja dealer. $1400 with shipping and tax Glad I'm not footing the bill.
I'm surprised you can get one for a 29OL being they quit making the boat in 05. I'm glad Baja takes care of some of its customers.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyBaja
tc outlaw

You won't believe this but, I do not have before pics. Have had the boat for 3 years and no pics??? The boat is a 87 Baja 280.

Jim
SHAME ON YOU my wife sent me out to get 8X10s for family photo and I took a cd of my boat pics and made 3 new 8x10s .I have owned my boat since 1990 just keep making it faster. art
Old 07-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by irishtornado
I found out the real story on this when Baja's obligation for warranty was done they told Spartech to scrap the molds so that no more could be made or the molds couldn't get taken and used by someone. Thats real nice for the people like me that need one and can't get it. How many Baja's are out there with windscreens on them what happens when someone steps on one or something on those lines...GOOD luck to those that have windscreens cause I've never experienced something like this trying to get a part you'd think I was looking for the wiper for a 1909 Model T. If I was I could probably find that.
Model T parts are plentiful.

I guess when you buy your boat, you should have the dealer include a spare windshield, and any other Baja specific molded parts that might break in the sale. This operating mode isn't going to help Baja's depreciation any.

Michael