What's my boat worth??? >

What's my boat worth???

Notices

What's my boat worth???

Old 02-11-2004, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's my boat worth???

Time to sell. I have a 1995 Baja 24 Outlaw. It has a 454 magnum engine with a carbed Whipplecharger with intercooler. The bottom end has 283 hours and the heads have 150. The heads have Manley inconel exhaust and stainless intakes with new springs. Single angle valve job per Bob Teague. last August I replaced the transom assy with a new 2003 unit. I also added 280-S K-Planes at the same time. It also has external hydraulic steering and a drive shower. It has run 75 mph on a labbed Bravo 1 26".

It also comes with a Eagle heavy duty tandem trailer with newer tires and brand new brakes on both axles.

This boat/trailer is in immaculate condition and the only reason I am selling is to go bigger and faster !!!

I am the original owner. This boat behaves like a stocker till you hit the sticks, then hold on !!!

My guess this rig is worth around 32k.

Any guesses???

Dave

Last edited by Bigwavz; 10-19-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would say 27,000 to 32,000 depending on the condition. any pics?
Old 02-11-2004, 07:03 PM
JTB
Registered

Pics please!!! If the guy interested in my boat buys this weekend I will be in the market for a 24 Outlaw Does the drive have the same amount of hours???
Old 02-11-2004, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

I will post some pics soon.

Yes, the drive has 283 hrs, but gear oil has been changed every 50 hours and I run special additives in it as well. The drive shower also helps with temps and it is an aluminum plate that helps strengthen the top cap, which is the weak point. There has been no abnormal metal on the magnet at changes and I do not air out the boat which is a major cause of drive failures.

Condition is excellent--boats looks only a couple of years old up close. Has great colors-- it has the ribbon style design in red,yellow,blue with the triangle in black.

Last edited by Bigwavz; 10-19-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Registered

Default me too

Don't mean to jump on your thread.... I have the same boat w/ a 540cu. in. , w/ full hydraulic and drive shower. Any idea what that is worth? I, too, want to go bigger this summer

I would guess about the same?
Old 02-12-2004, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Default Pic

here's a link to a pic at LOTO

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=58132
Old 02-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Registered

I think the 400 hrs and Whipple hurt it some.
It hits me at 26-27 without the Whipple, and 24-25 with.
As long as the Whip is on, buyers will see the engine as being suspect.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:27 PM
JTB
Registered

Originally posted by pwam1
I think the 400 hrs and Whipple hurt it some.
It hits me at 26-27 without the Whipple, and 24-25 with.
As long as the Whip is on, buyers will see the engine as being suspect.
I agree but it has alot to do with the operator as well. How is that 25 doing??? I am a good friend of liquids and have always liked that boat
Old 02-12-2004, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

Only a look and a ride will convince anyone. When I had the motor out in august to replace the transom assy we checked compression and it was the same exact numbers as before the Whipple. I have invested a ton of money in this boat, and it shows. This boat runs very strong. A bottom end will last a very very long time as long as you feed it good oil and don't get on it until the OIL is up to operating temps. The heads are like new because they were ported and combustion chambers polished, new valves, pc seals and springs. Also it got Fel-pro head gskts and ARP studs for the heads. Carb was set on a dyno, so no fuel problems either. It also has 2 fuel systems, so no delivery problems either.

When I am ready to do the official listing I will detail all that has been done from stock. I spent over 6500 just last august for the transom assy and related parts as well as the brand new K-planes.

If anybody is interested it will take a number in the low 30's to own this boat. If not I'll hang on to it for a few more years since it needs absolutely nothing.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the opportunity to sit on this boat at the Shootout on LOTO this last August. The boat IS as described. It was obvious to me the pride went into the ownership of this boat.

I might ad that I ran beside him in my 26' Scarab on the Big Dick's run Friday afternoon. I'm running a stock 502 mag. This lil Outlaw can hold it's own.

Buck

Quick Reply: What's my boat worth???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.