'98 Hammer summer prep >

'98 Hammer summer prep

Notices

'98 Hammer summer prep

Old 04-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '98 Hammer summer prep

Became a "first time" boat owner late last year. Since then, I've begun to fix, replace, modify, etc. on my own. Always been one to do minor service myself to understand how it all inter-operates and leave the major areas to the experts. Can't see spending $200 to $300 each time I have a question about doing something by taking it into the mechanic.

Had a marina winterize and watched, asked questions, bugged the guy as he did his job. During the summer prep, I want to make sure I cover everything to avoid, "everyone know's you have to ...." remarks as I explain a problem I could have avoided.

I have bought several manuals on the engine and out drive but noticed I either do not have what is covered in these books or is slightly to dramatically different than what is covered.

Figured most of you have been down this road and could offer advice on where to get information or specifics.

Thanx in advance!