Anybody interested in my Boat? >

Anybody interested in my Boat?

Notices

Anybody interested in my Boat?

Old 07-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody interested in my Boat?

Hey guys, just throwing some feelers out here about my boat coming up for sale. I'm prob gonna trade it in, but if any of the Baja brothers would be interested, I thought i'd let ya know. I'll get some pic's scanned in if anybody's interested. I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

THE most beautiful 1997 232 cuddy you will find, that I can promise. It's absolutely a 9.5 out of 10, and I can't even tell you anything that's wrong with it to make it a 9.5, but I don't think anything short of a new boat is a 10.

Baja Boss graphics with the windshield in black and red (checkered flags). This was Baja's actual show boat at Great America for their Adventure Series. Donzi now has the contract. It has:

Dual ram hydraulic steering
25 pitch labbed mirage prop
Teague drive shower
Updated bravo decals and new paint
Teague switchable mufflers
Gil hp500 exhaust
Gil Sea Strainer
Halon fire system
Single ram trim tabs
Convertible Sunbrella top
Full Sunbrella cover
Sunbrella cockpit cover
1999 Eagle trailer with matching graphics with 2 new tires and spare
Red Cockpit carpet
Momo Spargi red steering wheel
Full red bezels with Faria Baja logo'd gauges
Compass with bezel
Gaffrig controls with trim
Standup bolster seats with drop outs
Anchor locker with anchor
Red anodized cup holders
Clarion 6 speaker stereo with CD
Porta potti
Depthfinder with bezel

Prob lots more i'm forgetting

Motor is original 454/300hp upgraded with large oval port vortec heads, holley 750, edelbrock performer rpm intake, 454HO 425hp GM roller cam,K&N 14X3 marine air filter, and Gil exhaust. Lower end is stock 4-bolt main GEN VI roller engine. Runs beautiful, and 68-69 GPS with light load, so it's putting out about 385hp approx.

This is freshwater boat. I'm going to trade it in if no one is interested, and I don't get any bites by the end of August. I'm looking for something in the $29000 OBO range. I know this is more than you can find one for, but it's loaded and beautiful. The dealer is offering me $30K on trade, but i'm sure I would get a better deal buying the other boat outright.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. We are stepping up to a 29 outlaw or 302, haven't made that decision yet either.! E-mail me at [email protected] if you guys have any interest. I will post this in the classified where it belongs after I get some pic's scanned, just thought i'd let you guys know.....

Thanks.!
Old 07-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Registered

Default Re: Anybody interested in my Boat?

Sounds like a nice ride. Don't forget the leverage you will gain from the decreased amount of tax when trading your boat in. I realize you will be able to purchase your next boat for a much lower amount if done outright. Just wanted to remind you of something you probably already knew
Old 07-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Registered

Yes, you are definately correct there... I will definately take that into account.

I'll get some pic's scanned in this weekend and post it in the proper section, that will prob help. The prob is the exact boat I want is NOT at the dealer that offered that. They have had an unbelievable year and are practically sold out of boats, so that have pretty slim pickens (some seriously ugly colors and graphics). So much for the economy being dead, huh?

Have a good weekend guys....
Old 07-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Madmax - if you sell your boat and are looking for a 29 Outlaw, mine's always for sale. If you're a regular member of this board you've probably seen many pics. 2001 with HO's and 110 hours. Has seen over 79mph on GPS. Price today is $74,500 with triple axle aluminum. Price goes down $500 each month. Price in April - $70,500
Old 07-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Registered

79mph......damn, that's hauling for HO's...

I'm kinda leaning towards a base powered one, cause I have 1 HP500 sittin on the stand in my garage (was gonna go in the 232). I could sell both base motors and prob get another HP. But if your's runs that fast with black motors, maybe i'll just sell the HP500. Have you labbed your props or anything? Anything done to the motors?

Thanks 29.... i'll keep yours in mind.!
Old 07-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Registered

I have not done anything to the motors except put in full synthetic oil. The props are 27" 3 blades from Houston Prop.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Registered

29Outlaw, do you also put synthetic in your drives? What sort of full synthetic do you use in your motors and drives? How much RPM increase did you gain from synthetic?
Old 07-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Registered

I tried full synthetic in my drive (mobil-1 I think) but saw no difference. In the engines I use Castrol Syntec full synthetic. Right after an oil change I see 1-1.5mph increase but it doesn't seem to last for more than about 10 hours. After about 10 hours the gain seems to go away. I change it about every 20 hours.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered

Thanks for the information 29Outlaw!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Registered

Trying to attach the pic's. Sorry about the quality.....
Attached Thumbnails Anybody interested in my Boat?-img001.jpg   Anybody interested in my Boat?-img002.jpg   Anybody interested in my Boat?-img003.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anybody interested in my Boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.