Notices

B-Nauti is getting a new heart

Old 07-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B-Nauti is getting a new heart

Originally Posted by tc-outlaw
MPI? I have NA 454 mag in my 92 with a 23 Mirage , not plus.... Did the work by Throttle up help the porpoising when running at higher speeds??? My boat is totally stock, and I have been wondering if I had my prop worked/blades thinned would help hold the lift
I had also thought about putting a small blower on my existing power but think I would have to move my back seat forward-- are you to have to move the back seat with your new power??? sorry for all the questions
Thanks
TC
I believe we are going to have to cut the back seat but I am told it really is not a big deal.
To tell you the truth, it ran better before the work was done on the prop. Nothing against Throttle up, they are GREAT, but my prop was messed up to begin with. I got 61 mph before the prop was worked. I have not put her on a GPS with the worked prop though. It does feel and drive different though. It just does not feel as fast. I could be wrong because I have not tested it with a gps. I have never had that much trouble with porpoising at higher speeds. It has porpoised and when it does I just trim it down a tad and that takes care of that, and of course that slows me down a tad too.

Last edited by Outlawcowgirl; 07-27-2004 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Deadsoul

If you want speed... go with twin 525 EFI's

Old 07-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

I do not think twin 525's will fit in the 24 Outlaw.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Registered

For what i'ts worth, I went with a HP 500 motor. Looking back I should have just saved the money I spent on the motor, props & full hydraulic steering. The 24 Outlaw is an awesome boat for it's size, however the hull design is not that efficient when it comes to speed.Bring on rough water no problem. I have an offer on the boat now, hopefully close the deal tomorrow 26.5k. The sad thing is with the whole boating lifestyle is we are never happy with what we have. I want a bigger faster boat now & should have just bought the boat I really wanted as I dumped a ton of $$ into both motor & boat. I love my Outlaw, inspite what some say I found the boat to be well built & good quality. Good luck with the project.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Registered

OC.........you can borrow my GPS tommorrow if you'd like.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

You must have talked to Mike. I need to see what we are doing right now with the 454. So I might use yours or Mark's. I mean he is right there next to us in the storage. Thanks and see you tomorrow!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Johno
For what i'ts worth, I went with a HP 500 motor. Looking back I should have just saved the money I spent on the motor, props & full hydraulic steering. The 24 Outlaw is an awesome boat for it's size, however the hull design is not that efficient when it comes to speed.Bring on rough water no problem. I have an offer on the boat now, hopefully close the deal tomorrow 26.5k. The sad thing is with the whole boating lifestyle is we are never happy with what we have. I want a bigger faster boat now & should have just bought the boat I really wanted as I dumped a ton of $$ into both motor & boat. I love my Outlaw, inspite what some say I found the boat to be well built & good quality. Good luck with the project.
Johno,
I am so sorry you feel that way. You are actually the first person that has told me they were not happy with more sped and hp in the 24 OL. I hope the deal goes through for you and you find a different boat real soon.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Steve_H

very cool Carrie!
guess Mickie wont be the fastest anymore

Old 07-31-2004, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lotoparty
very cool Carrie!
guess Mickie wont be the fastest anymore

I'm his huckleberry
Old 07-31-2004, 07:53 PM
VIP Member

OLCG---

I have a 95 with a 454 carbed engine and I bolted an intercooled Whipplecharger on it. Went from 61 to 75 on GPS. You will need to add hydraulic steering if you don't have it already. My boat is a blast to drive over 70. Unfortunately I have grown tired of "just 75 mph" so I am selling mine in the spring of 2005 and going with a 33-36 footer and will have even bigger HP to go even faster. My wife has finally realized that I have a disease. Oh well !!!! She loves boating too !!!! I hope to go well into the 80 mph range with the next boat.

Good luck with your upgrade. Email me with any questions because I did have to modify the seat back for the Whipple. It was pretty easy to do.

Dave

Quick Reply: B-Nauti is getting a new heart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.