whos got a kickin system in a 29 outlaw

Notices

whos got a kickin system in a 29 outlaw

Old 12-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: whos got a kickin system in a 29 outlaw

Originally Posted by 29 OUTLAW
When do you guys actually use these big-power stereos? I've heard that no matter how big the stereo is, you still can't hear it when you're running. Does that mean you use it at raft-ups? If so, it would seem like every guy in the raft-up would be blasting his own big-power stereo so all you hear is a bunch of big-power stereos drowning each other out. That can't possibly sound very good. I guess if you're anchored out by yourself you could play it but I remember when I was married we would anchor by ourselves and the best part about it was the peace and quiet. I'm not being a smart-ass - I'm just curious.

Yesterday my boat was surveyed and I was worried that the guy might ask me to play the cd player to demonstrate it. I would have had trouble figuring out how it even worked.
Huh? One in a 27 Fountain (my only experience with big big stereos) could be heard loud and clear at 75mph, at 1/2 volume. The setup is as follows
speakers-underneath rear jump seat (not under under, but on where your calfs are at when seated)
2 in cuddy
2 under the dash/gunnel
2 over rear jump seat arm rest

subs
2 kicker comps 10" in engine compartment (custom fiberglass tubes, kept them off to the side)
4 JL W6 V2 10" in the cockpit
2 Kicker CVR kevlars under the v berth (Actually underneath the cushion itself, in custom boxes)
1 JL W7 in storage compartment up in cuddy

Amps-
3 400x2 Alpines
4 200x1 Kickers

Alpine CD player

I could tell when this boat was in the water from my house which is at minimal 1/2 mile from lake.

My stereo can be heard good at WOT (a whopping 47mph) in open bow, alpine cd player, 2 infinity 6x9's, 2 Bose 131's, audiobahn 8" sub up front. (have some new goodies for it, need to get it inside to play more )

I think the best place/out of way area is pulling the V Berth cushion out, and then building boxes to fit two 10's. Completley hidden, so it is not in your way, and also will help deter theivs.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:55 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't think about the radio thing all tuned to the same station.

Tunes would be nice when running though but it obvious takes a HUGE system. I've often thought about a headset but I think that would be dangerous cause you can't hear the motors or other "important" stuff

i think headsets are safer at speeds at which you can't talk to other people in the boat... with headsets you can talk to each other, hear your stereo, hear you cell phone ring and vhf radio, i think that is the much safer setup.... and if your boat is fast enough to need headsets, then you can hear/feel your engines anyway and keep an eye on the tachs..
Old 12-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Registered

Runner,

There is a guy who used to do custom installs in boats. Ski Dock recommended him. His name is Dennis. I believe he is the mang at Dyer Electronics now. Not sure if he still does the custom stuff on the side or at all.

He did a really nice job on our 29. He built a cabinet that holds 2 10's and he somehow mounted it up in the side wall storage compartment. It is not visible nor does it take up any storage.

I told him I wanted it to look factory but sound good. That is what he came up with and I was very impressed. My system won't win any contests or be the loudest one in Devil's but it sounds great and does not attract any attention for those who may be looking.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:29 AM
Registered

For those of you running subs at your rear bench seat you are not getting the full appreciation of the bass unit unless it is fully enclosed/boxed in. To get the full effect of any bass/sub, make sure it is fully enclosed. Probably one of the reasons why Liquid's sounds good because his subs are enclosed upfront by the cuddy if I understand him correctly.

It doesn't take thousands of dollars to have a great-quality and killer sound system. Ask Bajalion. He designed a butt quicking and expandable sound system for me for around $500. Right Lion? Truly an 1,800 watt system that is more than enough! I can't imagine his 3,600 watt system for a few hundred more in my boat
Old 12-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Luv-N-It
For those of you running subs at your rear bench seat you are not getting the full appreciation of the bass unit unless it is fully enclosed/boxed in. To get the full effect of any bass/sub, make sure it is fully enclosed. Probably one of the reasons why Liquid's sounds good because his subs are enclosed upfront by the cuddy if I understand him correctly.

It doesn't take thousands of dollars to have a great-quality and killer sound system. Ask Bajalion. He designed a butt quicking and expandable sound system for me for around $500. Right Lion? Truly an 1,800 watt system that is more than enough! I can't imagine his 3,600 watt system for a few hundred more in my boat
Bang for the buck. Gotta have a good head unit and bass boxes. I get sick to my stomach when people put expensive systems in free air.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

By the way...Bajalion can hook you up w/some good stuff at some killer prices. Don't know his exact inventory right now, but he might have some subs for anyone?
Old 12-22-2004, 06:11 PM

Ive got a friend of mine that does custom stereos here down to the customized fiberglass boxes. He just finished my buddies 29 ol with 7 15's and 18 6", 6 amps caps and the works. He is very well known throughout Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi.

Hes working on a 38 TG with 17 amps 8 15's and 40 6's. If you would like more info, let me know...
Old 12-22-2004, 06:13 PM

When do you guys actually use these big-power stereos? I've heard that no matter how big the stereo is, you still can't hear it when you're running. Does that mean you use it at raft-ups? If so, it would seem like every guy in the raft-up would be blasting his own big-power stereo so all you hear is a bunch of big-power stereos drowning each other out. That can't possibly sound very good. I guess if you're anchored out by yourself you could play it but I remember when I was married we would anchor by ourselves and the best part about it was the peace and quiet. I'm not being a smart-ass - I'm just curious.

Yesterday my boat was surveyed and I was worried that the guy might ask me to play the cd player to demonstrate it. I would have had trouble figuring out how it even worked.
I know of one that will make your heart skip a beat at 70 MPH...
Old 12-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mobilecal
Ive got a friend of mine that does custom stereos here down to the customized fiberglass boxes. He just finished my buddies 29 ol with 7 15's and 18 6", 6 amps caps and the works. He is very well known throughout Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi.

Hes working on a 38 TG with 17 amps 8 15's and 40 6's. If you would like more info, let me know...

Gotta love wreched excess
Old 01-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Registered

My Baja 232 has a Pioneer 7400 deck with 2 Pioneer x962 amps and 1 Pioneer x564 amp. all this goes into 4 Pioneer 10 1/2 Woofers and 8 Pioneer 6 1/2 Tweets. not a expensive setup but it really ROCKS!!! Hope Spring gets here soooon!! (was 9* this morn)

Quick Reply: whos got a kickin system in a 29 outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.