Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's??? >

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Notices

question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Old 01-16-2002, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't worry about it. I feel like everyone makes fun of Fountain all the time. Reggie this Gold Chains......, Oh yea the beeeeek, your 27 is actually a 20' ski boat. Pay them no attention.

WILL
Old 01-16-2002, 05:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE:
<STRONG>Last year I ran up to watch the Smoke On The Water poker run out of Grand Haven Mi.
On the return leg, most of the boats were passing fairly close,and I would either wave or give them a thumbs up as they passed.Most of the owners in Skaters,Black Thunders,Cigs,and other high $$$boats wouldn't even attempt to acknowledge back.However all baja boaters did return the wave.
And the only reason I can assume why,is that I was sitting in a Baja.So are we snubbed???,most definitely!!!
Steve</STRONG>
Your 36 Outlaw is nothing to snub either, that is one sweet boat. Hey, I'll still wave at you Steve, even when I get that new Skater. I'll be in my late 90's, but hey, I will still wave. If not, my nurse can lift my arm for me.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: 32fever ]
Old 01-16-2002, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Steve, I've been in 38 scarabs and 38 Cigarettes waiving at other boaters as they go by and have them just look and keep going. Some people (especially in boating where lets just face it, theres not exactly people who are poor boating in Offshore boats) let all the money go to their heads and just think they are the ****. I just flip them off when they don't waive back! I like seeing their faces when they get all insulted. F*ck em!
Old 01-16-2002, 06:57 PM
warren

Wink

I think it is kinda like the blonde jokes. Everyone makes jokes, but at the same time they wish they had one.

Old 01-17-2002, 07:26 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Hey Mark,
When you get that new Skater, I want a ride!!!!When you're 90,that will make me about 110+.Guess I'll just have to put the devil on hold for a while Before I croak ,I gotta have a ride in one of those sweet things....
Steve
Old 01-17-2002, 07:33 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

thisistank,
Maybe we're related...sounds like my same attitude...
Steve
Old 01-17-2002, 08:15 AM
Registered

The only boat I have ever owned is a 1990 Baja250es. I'm sure there are people who look down on it but quite frankly I've never noticed because I don't really give a s**t what they may think anyway. It's been a very nice boat for us, very clean, completely stock, and runs just about 60 (which is plenty fast enough for the wife and kids). It may go up for sale this year so we can get a slightly smaller one that we can use on more local lakes but who knows. Bottom Line; If you like it....that's all that matters

our baja
Old 01-17-2002, 08:16 AM
Registered

the correct link
our baja
Old 01-17-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

Wink

I think most of the morons talking sh*t about Baja's and other manufacturers are found on message boards like this one. Don't get me wrong, this board is awesome, but it has thousands of members. So with thousands of members, you're bound to have the guy sitting in front of the PC thinking of ways to impress some, and piss off others.
Just how many of those sh*t-talking idiots actually have a boat? And how many of the goons that own a boat, really know how to drive their boat?

Screw-em
Old 01-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Registered

Well it seems that only a few replied with actual experiences of being treated snotty to but that was not defined if it was directly related to them because they were in a baja. Guess it is hard to tell out on the water since you dont normally get THAT close to other people.
Well Im proud to own my boat and will be even more proud the day I can exceed 10 mph on it LMAO
it is going to be a fun ride and I cant wait
If someone wants to look down their nose at me, so be it, I still am on top of the world and glad to own the boat I have and when I decide to move up, more power to me
Until then, I love my baja and im going to order baja decals off ebay from that dude and put them on my truck
Jason

Quick Reply: question, do we get looked down on since we own baja's???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.