whipple or pro charger m3 >

whipple or pro charger m3

Notices

whipple or pro charger m3

Old 03-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whipple or pro charger m3

I'M thinking blower with coolers but I HAVE a base motor 509 647hp 9.5to 1 comp with the PG M3 I could run 5lbs boost gas would be 93oct 45to50% increase in hp I do't now about the whipple ? any thoughts I have merlin heads on the motor,
Old 03-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Registered

Default Re: whipple or pro charger m3

From what I hear, people have better luck with whipples in a marine application. You might ask in the technical forum also.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Registered

I don't think you will see 45-50% hp increase with a modified base engine. I believe those figures are based on a more conservative stock lower hp engine.

my $.02
Old 03-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Air Time,

I have several friends that are running Whipples. Without a doubt it is the best bang for the buck for added horsepower.

The only downside is that they produce so much torque that they are really hard on drives. If you have a heavy boat drives will be an issue.

Never thought I would say this, but I am major impressed with the R-Tech system. With 9.5:1 compression you will be pushing it. It will be very important that you have a good intercooler. I think that will be a big plus on your system.

http://www.rtechperformance.com/

Call Tom at R-Tech and talk with him. I met him and discussed his system twice at the Miami boat show and I really think it is one of the best setups out there.

The downside is the overall height. You would have to modify your engine hatch to make it fit.

My engine builder is a huge fan of the Vortech system and when I saw this package I was impressed.

Good luck
Dock
Old 03-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

Re: whipple or pro charger m3

Saleen367 thats what I got from pro charger with the intercooler the price was 4,900 whipple was 4,700 with cooler. DOC I have the 88 24ft outlaw/240sport heavy duty gimple ex steering same drive since 88 I get a lot of air with this boat on the cape my tq was about 627 or647 at 4800 boats aprox 4000lbs I will call whipple ask them about 9.5to1 comp ?
Old 03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Registered

Air Time,

I'm an auto gearhead at heart. Have a procharger in my Saleen. Been more into the boats lately so bear with my memory.

Like DH said, I think 9.5 comp. is too much for the whipple. Whipples tend to create more heat than a centrifugal type but they make more torque and HP at lower RPM's as a tradeoff.

Drive will be an issue, but not for long. If you are pushing 627ft/lb torque as it is, that drive will not last long with either setup.
Met a guy last summer with a 28 Magic and he had a Whipple system. Very pretty setup, but blew the coupler as he left talking to me. He had had it on only two weeks.

Also on your base engine ... SC engines are differnet animals. They require different cams and most of all an efficient exhaust. Think of blowing twice as much air through a straw that was designed for 1/2 the amount. And while certain cams can help eliminate some of the exhaust gases, its not a true fix.

Do the research. Call around and talk to someone who knows(I don't).
Give the SC companies and most important whoever built your engine the specs and let them decide if the cam, heads, piston, etc will work for what you want to do.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:02 AM
Registered

ABOUT the heat thing I would use a cooler. about the drive I'VE had 580lbs of tq from 95 to 99then built what I have now.I don't hammer it until I'm on plane and pretty good on the stick. been driven boats 34yrs started with my uncles 46 footer put that was in open sea's not docking so I'M LUCKY WITH THE DRIVE I GUESS since it is 1st gen bravo, I'll call whipple to see what they say cam is fine . got to go check in later art
Old 03-21-2005, 02:12 AM
Registered

DOC I have a custom engine hatch made out decolite prostock scoop I think I checked out Rtech put they were $6300 and the whipple was $4700 with the cooler pg was $4900 I'll go back and check ART
Old 03-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
DOC I have a custom engine hatch made out decolite prostock scoop I think I checked out Rtech put they were $6300 and the whipple was $4700 with the cooler pg was $4900 I'll go back and check ART
Better recheck those Whipple prices!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Registered

CP PERFORMANCE PRICE carb set up $3372 non intercooler intercooler $4702 satin finish quad set up with intercooler $6222.50 Thats what I got the 496 was like $6200 efi more money

Quick Reply: whipple or pro charger m3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.