Notices

30 Outlaw is here

Old 03-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Charter Member # 90
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 30 Outlaw is here

Thanks Saleen,
Yes I am aware of your issues and that is one reason I posted this. I do appreciate your advice on this matter. The boat arrived last Friday and I will drive up either today or tomorrow and based on your experience, I will not bring it home if I find something not to my liking.

thanks again,
-Shoe
Old 03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

what i always do when i go look at something,if i'm not bringing it home right away,bring a camcorder take your time taping,go home watch the tape,and i always say,i didn't see that before or i didn't know it had that,pause,rewind and then down the road you can see then and now and then you have something just incase for insurance,good luck,dave
Old 03-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoe ...
I wasn't trying to to negative. Chances are you may find it impeccable. I truly hope so.

In time, there will be issues with things loosening more than likely. But if you have a good dealer my guess is most of what I had to deal with will be fixed before you arrive.

I can't see any pic's here, so be sure to get some out to the other places for me too.

Good luck!!
Old 03-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Charter Member # 90
Charter Member

Well, I drove up yesterday and I didnt pull the boat back b/c of a few minor issues. I had ordered a transom remote and it wasnt there, ordered a gps speedo and it wasnt there, I didnt want low water pick up but the drives have both(side pick up and low water). Can I plug (bondo) the low water pick ups? The boat was just a little gritty so I requested to have the boat detailed, remote installed and take cost of gps speedo off price. They said deal.....so I will venture back up there next week. O by the way........ THIS FREAKING BOAT IS AWSOME!!!!!

-Shoe
Old 03-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Registered

I've got lo and reg water pickups on my xz's and haven't had any problem. Leave them as they are you won't suck up crap like the straight low water pickups.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MillerLite88
Well, I drove up yesterday and I didnt pull the boat back b/c of a few minor issues. I had ordered a transom remote and it wasnt there, ordered a gps speedo and it wasnt there, I didnt want low water pick up but the drives have both(side pick up and low water). Can I plug (bondo) the low water pick ups? The boat was just a little gritty so I requested to have the boat detailed, remote installed and take cost of gps speedo off price. They said deal.....so I will venture back up there next week. O by the way........ THIS FREAKING BOAT IS AWSOME!!!!!

-Shoe
Good to hear Shoe!

I'm glad the issues were minor(for some).

I'm thinking GPS speedo before summer too. Although some say it makes you "appear" like your going slower.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MillerLite88
Can I plug (bondo) the low water pick ups? -Shoe
NOT advisable. They are there for a reason. The higher X dimension is rendering the side water pick ups less functional at high speeds. Just be extremely careful in shallow water or beaching up.

You will love those HO's. Best you can have without going blue. You will most likely have one or two issues with sensors not working properly. I had a crank position sensor go bad on one motor and an oil pressure sensor on the other. All warranty stuff.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Macklin; 03-26-2005 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Shoe,

As for the combination low and side pick ups, they are GREAT!

I have always just had low and they can get you into trouble real fast.

The side only are not good enough for a performance boat at speed.

I was told by my dealer when I ordered the 36 that I would get both and that they would actually work together to purge out unwanted debris. I am VERY pleased with them.

Was in the exact same water, same place as a buddy last year at Destin and he got into trouble with just low water pickups, I did not have any problems.

Don't worry about it.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Charter Member # 90
Charter Member

I feel better now about the low water pick up thing....thanks guys!!!

-Shoe
Old 03-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Pics, Pics, Pics,............You can't just come on here and spout off about your sweet new ride with out posting some pics. Oh the nerve you must have........................

Quick Reply: 30 Outlaw is here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.