Help! All Outlaw Owners 29'-33' Twins >

Help! All Outlaw Owners 29'-33' Twins

Notices

Help! All Outlaw Owners 29'-33' Twins

Old 03-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! All Outlaw Owners 29'-33' Twins

Ok, I have seen some using Bravo 1, and some using Hydro's. Has anyone actually tried both out on their boat ? I bought a 32 Caliber, Liquid Asset suggested using Hydro's, I did buy a set. Where I live it is still to cold to try it out. I would just like to hear from someone that has actually tried both brands out on their boat, and why,what the difference was. I know the Hydro's lift stern and Bravo's lift bow, which one really is the better application? If its the Hydro's then why aren't everyone using them and the same could be said for the Bravo's. Anyone ?????
Old 03-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: Help! All Outlaw Owners 29'-33' Twins

The hydos ran my boat to 71 gps with stock 502's, but they will not work on 02 and up 29's or 33's with the raised X, They will not get on plane . I never messed with mine b cause it was to perfect to f with
Old 03-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Registered

Liguid, I took your advise and bought the Hydro's, I havent tried them yet because of the temp here, but I run across some decent prices on bravos1 at times and it starts to make me think about it...I think I need to go see a doctor !!! My wife says I have a prop fetish !
Old 03-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Registered

Jeez I hate to ruin your fun, but you really should be running mirage plus's. They are definitely faster and unless you are running shorty drives or have a non-factory x dimension will work better than either a bravo or hydro. every blade you add slows you down.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Registered

I know the Mirage plus would get me a bit more speed, but how often are you really running wide open ? I'm not racing anyone, and Lake Michigan is a bit rough, so 4 blades for slow plane speeds and cruising really works out better for my situation.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by garshev
Jeez I hate to ruin your fun, but you really should be running mirage plus's. They are definitely faster and unless you are running shorty drives or have a non-factory x dimension will work better than either a bravo or hydro. every blade you add slows you down.
Not entirely true, the technology & design has come along way in the last 10 years. Call Throttle Up Propellers & they will give you all the info you need. I was running Mirages until last week, prop tested with Throttle up & guess what? We got a 2mph faster on 4 bladed prop, killer holeshot & mid-range. When all is said & done I should see a atleast a 4mph increase with that extra blade. Every boat is different.
I have a set of 25" pitch Mirages in new condition for sale.
Take a look at the race boats, 3,4,5 & 6 blade props.
More blades don't necessarily slow you down.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Registered

Hey Johno, what size boat ? What props and pitch did you go with? What size engines?
Old 03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Johno
Not entirely true, the technology & design has come along way in the last 10 years. Call Throttle Up Propellers & they will give you all the info you need. I was running Mirages until last week, prop tested with Throttle up & guess what? We got a 2mph faster on 4 bladed prop, killer holeshot & mid-range. When all is said & done I should see a atleast a 4mph increase with that extra blade. Every boat is different.
I have a set of 25" pitch Mirages in new condition for sale.
Take a look at the race boats, 3,4,5 & 6 blade props.
More blades don't necessarily slow you down.
What kind of boat are you running? Older baja's ran very conservative x dimensions and were actually designed for the 3 blade mirages. True the race boats are running 4 and 5 blades but they have stepped hulls and x dimensions at the moon. They need the extra blades to reduce slip caused by the steps and high x.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Registered

I have a 1995, 32' Caliber, twin 454/385hp.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

I have a 2000 33 Outlaw and Mercury Racing said no way to 4 blades on that boat. I tried anyway and sold the props. Bravo 1's raised the stern and not the bow and therefore slowed me down considerably. Ride suffered too

Quick Reply: Help! All Outlaw Owners 29'-33' Twins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.