30' OL vs 30 Cig Vice.........Let the games begin >

30' OL vs 30 Cig Vice.........Let the games begin

Notices

30' OL vs 30 Cig Vice.........Let the games begin

Old 04-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: 30' OL vs 30 Cig Vice.........Let the games begin

Nice to know that someone on here can actually listen to what someone else has to say and not take offense to it.

I really did like the layout of the boat it was just the finish work that was unbelieveabe for a cig. I personally would like a front berth but oh well.

This is a brand new 2005 0 hr boat I was looking at.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb
I guess I am opening a huge can of worms here but I can't seem to get this out of my mind.

A couple of days ago i went and looked at a 30' Cig Vice with 496 ho's and XR drives. I was stunned to say the least. I thought I was going to be jealous of that boat but what I saw was nothing short of horrible.

The first thing I noticed was that the screws in the rub rail were already dripping rust down the rail ( this is a new boat with 0 hours). Then I looked at the paint, chipping in many spots, more than just transport chips. Next, the rigging in the engine compartment, nothing special, not bad but no stainless hoses or hidden wires, it essentially looked like the way baja rigs it, functional but not pretty.

Then I noticed that the screws holding in the bolsters were stripped out partially on many of the screws and also starting to rust. The foot rests at the bottom of the dash were simply screwed in and had a horrible caulk job done. The cabin interior was fine except that underd the couches the storage hatches were just fiberglass covers that had no latches and had at least a 1/2 of play all the way around them.

The worst was the paint job..........overspray on all the lines of the boat, noticable at a glance ( about 5 feet!) and very poor blend lines.

Anyway the cost of this boat was 210K with a nice triple axle trailer.

Down the road was a 30 ol with same power and bravo drives
on a nice trailer for 117K and the baja, although it did have some issues were not as extensive or as noticeable .

I guess what I am trying to say is why the hell would anyone pay 90K+ more for a cig. I don't have any real reason for positng this except I guess to reinforce my decision to own a baja. I don't mean to crack on cigs or say that overall they are not better boats but the workmanship on that boat was simply poor...............................Thoughts?
Sounds like my 272 baja at 40 hours when my crappy local dealer "fixed" my similar problems with 4 tubes of caulk and some bigger screws that quickly fell out!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

[QUOTE=Ironmanwb]

I really did like the layout of the boat it was just the finish work that was unbelieveabe for a cig. I personally would like a front berth but oh well.
QUOTE]

You know it's one thing I've said for a few years now it's this...
I REALLY like the full Cig cabin with the table, the v-birth, the head and the best part...The built in huge COOLER! Best lay-out I've ever seen in a boat. So when we bought our Cig that's what we looked for. They stopped making that cabin in
'99/'00 when the twin step came to life. For weight issues and the way the Cig rode 'wet' in the water they lightened up the front end and got rid of the cabin, opting for the "Cover Girl Cabin". It's better than nothing but I really like the older full cabin like our Top Gun. I assume the Vice has the Cover Girl Cabin?
Old 04-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Just like Baja the lineup changes!

30 Vice
36 Gladiator
38 Top Gun

The 30 Mystique, 31 Bullet and 35 Mytress are CLASSICS!
You said it, I always look for all of those or a mid 90's top gun every time I sell my boat I see them when I don't need them and then when Im looking they are all out of my range best deal I saw this time around was an 02 mystique with ho's and custom paint for 100,000 but was a little more than I wanted to spend, but those are all classic boats and some of my favorites
Old 04-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 30' vice at the cleveland boat show this year had the engine hatch hinges mounted crooked. you think for 200K they could mount a straight hinge...
Old 04-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PorscheSpeed
The 30' vice at the cleveland boat show this year had the engine hatch hinges mounted crooked. you think for 200K they could mount a straight hinge...
That is the same boat I looked at. It is white and purple with an automatic cabin door, no swim platform, ect.

This boat does have the covergirl cabin no front berth, just two long benches on each side.

Personally I like to have a great big cabin with lots of room for stabbin'.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up guys! I made some more improvements to the helm. My new 800 sci are being put in next week.Will park CRAYOLA CRAZY next to all those cigs and beat most to Kellys.If she hits 100 im going to Loto.Soon I will post pics.Im glad Your boat is running good DOC.I padded my cockpit carpet its softer then home.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

Bobby do you think with all that hp and speed you will be able to beat me this year? Probably same as you could have last year..............If you knew how to navigate.

Glad to hear that bad a$$ boat of yours just keeps getting faster. Hope to see you this summer.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
Whats up guys! I made some more improvements to the helm. My new 800 sci are being put in next week.Will park CRAYOLA CRAZY next to all those cigs and beat most to Kellys.If she hits 100 im going to Loto.Soon I will post pics.Im glad Your boat is running good DOC.I padded my cockpit carpet its softer then home.
Hey Crazy,

Thanks for the call this morning. I look forward to hearing back from you on the props.

Taking the wife out to dinner tonight for Sushi. Call me later tonight at home if you know anything.

Cannot wait for another ride in that bad boy!!!!!!!!

Doc
Old 04-12-2005, 04:15 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

the 30 vice at the miami show, the only one i have seen in person, did not have those issues, hopefully the one you saw just is a bad apple and not the way they are going to build that boat.... but the one in maimi was done right and fit in with the rest of the boats cig had there..... and i don't own either a baja or a cig....

Quick Reply: 30' OL vs 30 Cig Vice.........Let the games begin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.