Banana on e-bay

Notices

Banana on e-bay

Old 11-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Banana on e-bay

So Your Boats Did Not Break Good For You. I Dont Like To Knock Anybodys Boats But If You Went Through What I Went through I Would Like To Here What You Would Say . The First One Was A 1982 After Going To Court For 9 Years To Sue The Basards They Gave Me Another Boat Which Was A 1991 And That One Also Broke Hows That For Luck In 1992 We Started The Factory Class In us Offshore I Ran Two Races With It And Could Not Be Beat It Had A Stock 420 Mercruiser And Bravo Drive Until The Bottom Cracked I really Like The Boat Looks Good Rides Real Nice I Know Alot Of Guys Runnin Them Guess I Had Bad Luck They Were Probably Friday Boats .Sorry But Just The truth . If I Know Charlie Building The New Boats They Will Be Awsome
Old 11-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second that Chris. My 1988 had no hull problems. The hour meter showed 650+ hours when i sold it.Most of it was rough running ocean time im sure. There was a member of offshore only who actually worked at port edgewood,i would be curious how many hull failures he saw. By the way did we found out if I/O and outboard stringers were the same?
Old 11-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Sterndrive boats had two main stringers from the last bulkhead back to the transom. The stringers were set at a specific distance apart to match whatever engine package was going in there.

The first raceboat that I built in the 24 size, Don Aronow rigged for me with twin 350 cu in engines, so that boat had three stringers, but all the single engine sterndrives had two.

Outboard boats had three stringers that were in the same place but went much higher up the transom to support the weight of the outboard.

Listen, a good surveyor like Ed Cozzi could look these boats over and tell very quickly which ones were made well and which ones you should stay away from. The second gen boats were not all bad as Air Dog has told you. All I'm saying is be careful before you buy sight unseen.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Registered

thankyou for the info Charlie. Maybe ill wait and finance a new Banana..truck is almost paid off..ill feel wierd without a payment If you want to you can PM me with what you think a no frills single bigblock vessel will cost. Just considering my options
Old 11-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Registered

you can buy after market big blocks for much less money then what a new Merc motor will cost.
You don't get the Warranty, but you can buy 2 or 3 Biggie Motors for the price of one Merc.
Then you have the option of mounting a Merc drive or Konrad or Imco, (or Teague, or Arneson).

Check the Biggie Marine Motors Classified ad..
Check out a Carbed, Pump gas 598 or 572 w hydraulic roller cam, 725 hp/750 ft lbs should keep you busy for a while.
I would only consider that kind of power with the New blueprinted Banana hull that has the hook from the 1st and second gen molds fixed.

Evan