Banana pics ..let's see em!!! >

Banana pics ..let's see em!!!

Notices

Banana pics ..let's see em!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
For those who have just figured it out.....sp123 is the new owner of the black magic boat we are currently building in Florida right now.

It will have black sides with a special black bracket that Brownie made up to hold a..... very special BLACK....Evinrude E-Tec. Contrasting this black, will be yellow, white and silver mixed throughout.

Fineline interiors of Miami (the same people who did the 24 Firefox by Lip Ship recently) is doing the interior and cabin.

I told them that I liked the Firefox job, but for this boat I wanted it to be very special....they said..Can Do!!!!

sp123 has kindly allowed us to use the boat in the northern boat shows this winter, so we look forward to seeing a lot of OSO people.

This boat is going to look great in the upcomoing photos, but will be outstanding in person. Water tests are scheduled in early January with a guy who knows something about these kind of boats.....a MR B Saccenti. He is working with us and the Evinrude people for the right set-up on this boat.

Here is the steering wheel, with yellow leather and silver carbon fiber.
Sounds like fantastic boat. Looking forward to some pictures.
-sp123, CONGRATULATIONS
Old 12-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sp123
Trojan-man keep me posted I would love to see your boat when it is complete.
Thankss sp123, and I will. You do the same, your new boat sounds incredible !!

I can tell you this, you WILL be impressed with the way they ride and handle if you have not yet been in a banana. I have been building mine for over a year, and when I was in Key West a month or so ago Charlie and Charlie Jr. took me for a ride in their 24 and I was amazed at how well it handled the slop, and it was snotty out there.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Growing up around Narragansett Bay we all knew about the Banana Boats. A good friend of mine bought one in the mid 80's. He went by my checkmate like we were standing still. After that I always wanted to get one. A couple of years ago I was fortunate to run across a 1990 Banana that I could afford so I got it. It was a lot of fun to drive. This summer I was again fortuante to meet Charlie and circumstance being what the were purchased my first ever "New Boat". I can't wait... Hopefully you guys will be around to help me enjoy it.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Registered

Here is a picture of my old boat....
Attached Thumbnails Banana pics ..let's see em!!!-pic-0051.jpg  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sp123
Here is a picture of my old boat....
I remember looking at that 1990 banana boat back in 2002 when my brother was looking at buying it.

I though I had the cleanest banana boat until I saw that one.

Glad I could find a new home for it.

Here is my old one:
Attached Thumbnails Banana pics ..let's see em!!!-1494370_1.jpg  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Here is another:

My old 1988 banana now lives in Swansea, Mass and has a 225 Yamaha on the transom.

Photo courtesy of DamDonzi.
Attached Thumbnails Banana pics ..let's see em!!!-1494370_7.jpg  

Last edited by Air Dog; 12-17-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered

I am glad you found a home for it also. It was a lot of fun but as you know I can't wait for the new. Hope you can make it to RI this summer and give me a few pointers.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 216 Likes on 87 Posts

These were taken last week .......as a certain new boat was waiting to be admitted to........ the hallowed hall of Fineline Interiors of Miami.

The bootstripe is a yellow and silver combo, that will match the new bolster set-up and full interior. The new interior set-up is a combo between Mike Livorsi and Mike at Fineline with the control levers all built in.

We didn't put the new banana decal on yet, as we didn't want to distract the good people at Fineline, by creating a lot more traffic in and out of the shop......but if your in the area, stop by and take a peek.
Attached Thumbnails Banana pics ..let's see em!!!-yellow-stripe-silver.bmp   Banana pics ..let's see em!!!-yellow-stripe.1bmp.bmp  
Old 12-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

It looks great!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Iīm so Happy for Banana Boat Co.

Lets give a fine applause to the comeback.

You donīt need handymen there ?
I might just think of giving up on wrenching racecars and trucking here up north...

Quick Reply: Banana pics ..let's see em!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.