Old 03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xxxx

oldschool how about adding a 84 banana to that race
Old 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

Cool and I assume you will race in the around long island race. What are you doing for speed in your Banana?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Running low 80s, at this time I can't commit but would love to be a part of it
Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

well you will need to give me a headstart nice speed out of that boat what r u running for power?

Why no comment on the li race?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 87 Posts

We know that the actual series is another year away....but for all those who said they wanted to be able to race what they have now......there is an event shaping up right now for a race in the NY area this summer, that will be old school open ocean racing.....Late August 2009.

You can run whatever you have......for all those who were saying they had this or that and it didn't qualify....now you can bring it and you can run it.

Long distance course, but very historic and there will be opportunities for fuel stops.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Top Banana
We know that the actual series is another year away....but for all those who said they wanted to be able to race what they have now......there is an event shaping up right now for a race in the NY area this summer, that will be old school open ocean racing.....Late August 2009.

You can run whatever you have......for all those who were saying they had this or that and it didn't qualify....now you can bring it and you can run it.

Long distance course, but very historic and there will be opportunities for fuel stops.
Sounds great, Charlie whats the price for a new 28 sport just like the old new 28 hull you have priced out at 25,000 for hull and deck . I know rigging will be extra. this will be for a Konrad Ace X factor drive with a 8'' ext box and between 950 to 1050hp blower motor [ reg 93oct higher with race fuel] by DEAN GELLNER, I talked to you for a minute at the RI show and you said you would want control [ which I understand ] over rigging a blank hull, so would that be the X for the drive . I figure from my testing in [24ft to 25ft ] that with a 8'' or 12'' box a good spot to start would be 3 1/2'' to 4'' prop shaft being under keel for a non step or non notched 24 degree hull. I told you I have been looking at the other 28s to 31 footers to see which will work out best. I would like to run the boat in 400 class opa and the historic races and kilo runs. I have both konrad ace drive package and motor, now need a new hull or put it in my 24 for this yr then strip it over the winter. so if you could PM me with a price on new 28 sport compared to the plug 28 hull great and if you think its better being OBs only let me know and I will move on. good luck the 24 looked great at the RI show the new owner will be happy with it thats for sure. ART
Old 04-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Sounds great, Charlie whats the price for a new 28 sport just like the old new 28 hull you have priced out at 25,000 for hull and deck . I know rigging will be extra. this will be for a Konrad Ace X factor drive with a 8'' ext box and between 950 to 1050hp blower motor [ reg 93oct higher with race fuel] by DEAN GELLNER, I talked to you for a minute at the RI show and you said you would want control [ which I understand ] over rigging a blank hull, so would that be the X for the drive . I figure from my testing in [24ft to 25ft ] that with a 8'' or 12'' box a good spot to start would be 3 1/2'' to 4'' prop shaft being under keel for a non step or non notched 24 degree hull. I told you I have been looking at the other 28s to 31 footers to see which will work out best. I would like to run the boat in 400 class opa and the historic races and kilo runs. I have both konrad ace drive package and motor, now need a new hull or put it in my 24 for this yr then strip it over the winter. so if you could PM me with a price on new 28 sport compared to the plug 28 hull great and if you think its better being OBs only let me know and I will move on. good luck the 24 looked great at the RI show the new owner will be happy with it thats for sure. ART
Art....this is something that we would be interested in as we were looking for a project where we could work wih Konrad. I know that we could get a lot if input from Kurt on this as he is their main man here in New England.

PM me your phone number and we can discuss exactly what you are looking for in the new boat.

Just for clarification....the project hull and deck that we have for sale on the site is a 24 foot not a 28 foot.

Last edited by Top Banana; 04-24-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

I know kurt well, I will pm you my phone# but these are the hulls I am thinging of your 28/ 28 joker/ sutphen 31 Ithink they call it now, and there new 27/ super boat y2k but I think its to narrow for me. these are companies I have talked a little to. If some plans I have this summer happen then I will start this soon, if not me and kurt and a few will put the package in the baja to run for the summer then strip it which is a lot of work for some ride time and can take data for boats with a small pad which I have. so a new hull I would need over the winter, with your 28 I was thinking a PPI race seats sit down with there shock foam or spring seats. I have a new knee and need another with 5 bad disks. my new seats in the ol24 are set lower for sit down but do drop out for hanging around or if you want to stand, but I feel it easier to race sitting now with the new seats out on the market. talk to you soon, Art ps next year if this works out it would be fun to get JEB BROWN or MIKE SNOW to run in the boat jeb would make me steer though. He has tested my boat in the past ran it every had he wanted to see if my engine builder new what we was doing. he did.