39 and 41 ?'s >

39 and 41 ?'s

Notices

39 and 41 ?'s

Old 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 39 and 41 ?'s

Charlie, I read through your website and know the 39 is an original mold at 39 feet long stretched from the 35. How long is the 41/42 boat exactly? Was it called a 42 (if it is a 41 as on your site) by Chief just to avoid the confusion of it being a new hull design and not the original 41?

I would assume the 41/42 would be both better in the rough with the extra size, and faster with the twin steps than the 39, is this correct? If so, any advantages to buying the 39? Maybe handling, or just for someone wanting a straight hull?

Lastly, what came of the 2nd hull pulled from the 41/42 molds (other than the First Mohican which is an awesome boat?) Just curious from reading your website, Thanks Darren
Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by dkwestern
Charlie, I read through your website and know the 39 is an original mold at 39 feet long stretched from the 35. How long is the 41/42 boat exactly? Was it called a 42 (if it is a 41 as on your site) by Chief just to avoid the confusion of it being a new hull design and not the original 41?

I would assume the 41/42 would be both better in the rough with the extra size, and faster with the twin steps than the 39, is this correct? If so, any advantages to buying the 39? Maybe handling, or just for someone wanting a straight hull?

Lastly, what came of the 2nd hull pulled from the 41/42 molds (other than the First Mohican which is an awesome boat?) Just curious from reading your website, Thanks Darren

Darren....paragraph 1 is correct...same mold just different sizes to avoid confusion between the two brand names...same as Don did with the Magnum 27 and 28....same hull different decks for that one.

41 is a bigger boat and to go best, really needs something like 1075's vs the 39 which could go very well with 525's.

The second piece is an "insurance" piece in case the molds ever burn or are damaged in any way. Don used to keep his extra pieces in a separate building away from Thunderboat Row.

Thanks for visiting the website.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!