Notices

Latest news

Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Latest news

Sorry haven't been on here for a bit, but I am in Florida where we have the latest news to report.

Just finished rigging out the blue 30 Open Style Adventure boat with twin Merc 225 outboards..... and it ran 76 MPH on GPS. The blue boat is on the site under products, under 30 Open Style....the boat on the trailer in the photo below.

Getting the tiniest last details done..stereo installation, better trim around the door etc on the Miami show boat....... and that is going to the River Ranch Hot Boat Festival this weekend.

Also will be listing for sale, the hull we used for a plug for the new mold.....that boat is the first boat in the owners section with Mary Pat McCarthy driving. It was a boat I built and owned the whole time.

We took it and flipped it and filled all the holes and made it perfect so the mold could be made from that. We are selling that hull, which was originally an IO with a new deck as a project package for someone....Hey Pasta want another project???

PM me if interested.

Also have the direct descendant of my old 38 in the form of a 2008, 33 Avanti with twin 525 Mercs. We are helping the owner who wants to sell it and order a new banana, a 39 or 41......that will be up with the info on the site soon ....photos are shown here of that boat too.

also....keep cking the site changes are being made.
Attached Thumbnails Latest news-ph-osa30-006.jpg   Latest news-av%2520jax%25201-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 04-06-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Top Banana;2833987]
Hey Pasta want another project???

QUOTE]
Actually, before I saw my own name I was thinking to my self, what a wonderful and cool project.
The timing isnt perfect though

I will check the site right away which I buy the way rate
Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered

Im sorry, where are my mannors. Forgot to say:
Congrats on your new boat.
76 mps on the GPS, you have to be satisfied.
How much does the boat weigh?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasta
Im sorry, where are my mannors. Forgot to say:
Congrats on your new boat.
76 mps on the GPS, you have to be satisfied.
How much does the boat weigh?
Thanks.....the boat is a race layup that was tried and we don't have a final weight....cabin was empty and we put in 15 gallons of gas, console was very small and we took out everything that didn't need to be there.

Now, get back to work and give us some numbers on that 525 you are working on......that is going to be some boat.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Thanks.....the boat is a race layup that was tried and we don't have a final weight....cabin was empty and we put in 15 gallons of gas, console was very small and we took out everything that didn't need to be there.

Now, get back to work and give us some numbers on that 525 you are working on......that is going to be some boat.
You are right, I need to get back to work...
However, the polar bears have just left Sweden.
But the ice is still here.
I hope to test the boat in June/July.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Registered

Pasta here are the photos I tried to send of the project boat.
Attached Thumbnails Latest news-p5150074-small-.jpg   Latest news-p3210004-small-.jpg   Latest news-p3210005-small-.jpg  

Old 04-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the hull and deck together on this one yet ?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Are the hull and deck together on this one yet ?
I am in Virginia tonight.....towing a boat up route 95 for delivery to New England, so I only get on the computer at night.

No, the deck isn't on yet...it is just laying on top of the hull right now.

The hull still has the old fuel tank still foamed into place and all the bulkheads in place....the new deck fits right between the firewall bulkhead and the cabin door bulkhead as one piece.

Sterndrive or outboard??? Depends if you like the engine noise or just want a jump in and go boat, with the outboard.

Photos of the boat back in the days are..... look on the website, the first boat in the owners section...Fast Lady.

I promised the promoters of the Gloucester Mass race that Banana boat Co would help them and bring a boat to ther race back in the 70's. However the week before the race, I was racing the Top Banana in Miami and broke some motor mounts....so when I went back to the shop in RI, this boat was being readied for delivery to a dealer. I had the crew take the interior out and brought this boat.

Gloucester had two races back then, an inshore and an offshore. I raced this boat in the inshore one and came in first place. Since the boat was raced, I couldn't sell it as a brand new boat, so I gave it to my wife and she named it Fast Lady. That was the ony time it raced, so it has a perfect record LOL.

When we built the new molds, this boat was derigged and made perfect everywhere....we covered it with gel coat..the black and white you see... and then lathered on the mold release wax and made the molds.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Charlie you are only in VA? thought the boat went faster than that?
Old 04-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I am in Virginia tonight.....towing a boat up route 95 for delivery to New England, so I only get on the computer at night.

No, the deck isn't on yet...it is just laying on top of the hull right now.

The hull still has the old fuel tank still foamed into place and all the bulkheads in place....the new deck fits right between the firewall bulkhead and the cabin door bulkhead as one piece.

Sterndrive or outboard??? Depends if you like the engine noise or just want a jump in and go boat, with the outboard.

Photos of the boat back in the days are..... look on the website, the first boat in the owners section...Fast Lady.

I promised the promoters of the Gloucester Mass race that Banana boat Co would help them and bring a boat to ther race back in the 70's. However the week before the race, I was racing the Top Banana in Miami and broke some motor mounts....so when I went back to the shop in RI, this boat was being readied for delivery to a dealer. I had the crew take the interior out and brought this boat.

Gloucester had two races back then, an inshore and an offshore. I raced this boat in the inshore one and came in first place. Since the boat was raced, I couldn't sell it as a brand new boat, so I gave it to my wife and she named it Fast Lady. That was the ony time it raced, so it has a perfect record LOL.

When we built the new molds, this boat was derigged and made perfect everywhere....we covered it with gel coat..the black and white you see... and then lathered on the mold release wax and made the molds.

Cool .... Thanks !

How about twin Yamaha 300 ? Hmmmmmmmmmm !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.