Busy winter coming up >

Busy winter coming up

Notices

Busy winter coming up

Old 08-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rchevelle,

FIBERGLASSMAN, he is here in Homestead and has done alot of work with the locals here..He is very meticulous and knows his Glass..He's almost done with sanding and prepping the bottom...As soon as he has a bit more work done I will post some more...It's gonna look AWESOME...Can't wait..After there off for the Rigging....Gonna Be done by....SHAUN TORRENTE.....Then off to the Acrylic Guy.....Jorge Moya..(aka..Hippie).........

thanks,
Joe
Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dba900
In a semi-unrelated fashion, does anyone know anything about the Banana with twin 2.4s that was advertised in Yarmouth a few months ago?
The 1986 red one with the extended cockpkt that was repainted white with dark purple stripes that was powered by twin (non-counter rotating 2.4's) sitting on a galvanized trailer?
Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Registered

That sounds about right. Here's a link to the photos. I gather you know about it? It was listed for $16k, which seems high for a boat with two old motors...

http://picasaweb.google.com/nscott70...eat=directlink

Old 08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Ya, I know that boat very well.

Do you own it now?

He also owned a 1981 Banana with a single 225 mercury that I passed on and he bought it and then re-sold to somebody.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Registered

Air Dog,

What do you think about switching that Big V8 and going to a MERC 300 x......You think this is a better package for the boat or stick with the V8...

thanks,
Joe
Old 08-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Air Dog,

What do you think about switching that Big V8 and going to a MERC 300 x......You think this is a better package for the boat or stick with the V8...

thanks,
Joe
Your kidding right?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Registered

Sorry Joe, maybe you haven't seen the previous threads highlighting my experience with my V8 Johnson outboard.

Luckily I did'nt have a shot gun or else I would have blown holes in the engine I lovingly referred to as Satan's outboard.

I picked up a highly modified V8 with the intention of racing with it on the back of my banana.

Claimed 375hp, never dyno'd it so can't be sure, but MrV8outboard spent time working on it and said it might be that much based on all the high performance upgrades it had.

It also had a 20" shaft and I was running a 17" hydraulic porta-jack transom bracket with twin ram hydraulic steering.

Thing looked and sounded pisser.

Would have looked better covered in lighter fluid being pushed down an elevator shaft as I threw molatov cocktails at it.

Before I really get going, let me simply say, unless you have a V8 outboard that was built by MrV8outboard, or he has gone through and checked everything out, then it is only a matter of time before that outboard will ruin your summer.

I recommend using it until if breaks.

Then don't fix it.

Simply tie a heavy chain to it, unbolt it and let her go back to the deep where you can use it as a mooring anchor and or a coral reef.

Start looking for a 300x.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Air Dog
Ya, I know that boat very well.

Do you own it now?

He also owned a 1981 Banana with a single 225 mercury that I passed on and he bought it and then re-sold to somebody.
No, I just saw the ad and was interested because it was local (my parents live on the Cape).
Old 08-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered

Airdog,

You had a great experience with the big V8... yea, I already started to make some calls and see what they can come up with in reference to a 300x..I guess I am gonna have to make the swich to a MERC.....

Thanks,
Joe

**** No I didn't see the prior thread***..
Old 08-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

I called around recently for a 300 merc and found a guy in NY that had a brand new 300 xs in the box with a 25" shaft. He wanted 18,000. I have an email address for him and I think his phone number if interested. I was going to buy it but will wait a bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.