Busy winter coming up

Notices

Busy winter coming up

Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Top Banana,
Are you going to build a 28' anytime soon?
I had a 1978 28SS with twin 280TRS and I'd still have her if she only had a single BBC.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Update...update...

Banana progress pics..

Check out that Gloss...
Looking great. Classy.
Me like a lot!

Happy to see that fast speed you have on this project.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered

Pasta,

Thanks alot...Hopefully I can have her ready within the next month or 2...I am trying real hard to finish her up, but Do Not want to sacrifice quality in any way, so I have to stay focused on getting it done right...

Thanks,
Joe

**should have some more pics next week...Deck and cockpit...Also finished Transom...
Old 09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Hey Top Banana,
Are you going to build a 28' anytime soon?
I had a 1978 28SS with twin 280TRS and I'd still have her if she only had a single BBC.

The new tooling for the new "Apache" style deck (drawing below) is being started up in RI by Oct 1. The drawing shows the race configuration with the long hatches and short cockpit. For pleasure use, picture the hatch flat for a sun pad.... and the cockpit opened up for a rear seat.

We are planning on making a plug in the deck mold so this new style deck can be used for both the 24 and the 28 foot hulls.

So, tooling, plug, mold and first deck popped out.

Put your order in now.... and we can build you the 2010 Boat Show boat. You can even come by RI and watch the progress as we work on it.

Standard power for the new 28 will be a a single Mercruiser 600 HP.. 600 SCi sterndrive with the NXT drive. This engine right from Mercury is designed to run on 87 octane. All rigging and testing before delivery will be done in Florida.
Attached Thumbnails Busy winter coming up-ph-28drawing-rev3.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 09-03-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered

Resto on boat # 2. BANANA SPLIT

Original deck from the 70's was taken off.

A New 2009 design deck was put on and color is being changed on hull.

Boat has had all bulkhead and stringer rework done, new fuel tank added and is now in primer. Still ahead....windshield, cabin doors, new console, gauges, interior (it will be a sit down boat) etc etc etc...you know how these things go.......
Attached Thumbnails Busy winter coming up-ph-split001.jpg   Busy winter coming up-resto-boat-2.bmp   Busy winter coming up-resto-boat-2-1.bmp  

Last edited by Top Banana; 09-04-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Resto on boat # 2. BANANA SPLIT

Original deck from the 70's was taken off.

A New 2009 design deck was put on and color is being changed on hull.

Boat has had all bulkhead and stringer rework done, new fuel tank added and is now in primer. Still ahead....windshield, cabin doors, new console, gauges, interior (it will be a sit down boat) etc etc etc...you know how these things go.......
Even though I havent decided wether I am for or against the remake of an classic boat like nr 2 is to a new look, this will be interesting to follow.
Why did you choose the new deck for this boat when you already have the "black" boat laying around?
Allready a buyer of it?
Guessing it will be a pleasure designed boat?
What motor/drive set uo are you going for?
Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the new deck will look like.
Expectations are high!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasta
Even though I havent decided wether I am for or against the remake of an classic boat like nr 2 is to a new look, this will be interesting to follow.
Why did you choose the new deck for this boat when you already have the "black" boat laying around?
Allready a buyer of it?
Guessing it will be a pleasure designed boat?
What motor/drive set uo are you going for?
Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the new deck will look like.
Expectations are high!
The new deck I am referring to for this number 2 boat is the same style as the old one, but it is without the non-skid surface.

When we built all new tooling a couple of years ago, we made the new molds with "lips" on them so we could use infusion techniques on the boats if we wanted to. We pulled a new deck from that mold and that is the one that is going on # 2.

The black boat that we used for the plug will have the new Apache / Top Gun style deck on it.....motor and drive not decided yet...I keep waiting to see how good your 525 goes.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Registered

The new deck I am referring to for this number 2 boat is the same style as the old one, but it is without the non-skid surface.

When we built all new tooling a couple of years ago, we made the new molds with "lips" on them so we could use infusion techniques on the boats if we wanted to. We pulled a new deck from that mold and that is the one that is going on # 2.

The black boat that we used for the plug will have the new Apache / Top Gun style deck on it.....motor and drive not decided yet...I keep waiting to see how good your 525 goes.
Ok, thanks for the explanantion.
I too, want to see how my Banana/525 goes.
Perhaps you need/want to test drive the boat your self?
Othervise its only hearsay!! lol
You and your family are more than welcome to Stockholm, Sweden next summer.

well, well, back to work, I know, I know. lol
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

.....motor and drive not decided yet...I keep waiting to see how good your 525 goes.
You see Pasta, now you're one of Charlie's testing guys, so you better put your boat together now

Just kidding

Charlie, I cant wait to see how the new 28 will come out.
Keep us updated will you.

Thanks
Mange
Old 09-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Registered

Hey Joe the paint job makes it look at least 50 MPH faster already pictures from your camera phone are great. take care Jose. from Fiberglassman.Com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.