Busy winter coming up >

Busy winter coming up

Notices

Busy winter coming up

Old 08-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Busy winter coming up

Just realized how much was going on this coming winter and thought it would be nice to start a thread to share some of the photos of the hard work going on.

The number of the boat below, refers to the number it was given back in the 70's, as these boats were rolling off the production line.

Restorations:

Boat # 2 the former Banana Split, (photo below) which is a sterndrive is currently being done over by the factory in South Florida. It has the new deck installed and has had all new bulkheads and a new tank. More to follow. This boat was the very first production boat made.

Boat # 3 the former Second Choice, (photo below with high windshield) has just been sold to the grandson of the original owner and is due for a restoration back to it's former glory days. It was the very first twin outboard race boat made.

Boat # 6 the former Fast Lady, which was used as the plug for the new molds is going to be kept by the company and restored back to a small block sterndrive.

Boat # 7 Barry's boat is being readied up in Massachusetts for a make over. Another sterndrive boat with a big block.

Chad's boat in Texas should be done by next summer, according to his brother. He has done a fantastic job so far, and we should be seeing some nice completed photos soon to get the rest of us motivated.

Pasta over in Sweden, is going to be powered with a Mercruiser 525 HP sterndrive. The results of that will be watched closely by all of us and may set the new standard for 24 footers.

Joe down in Homestead, is deep into his restoration also and is in the process of final color selection and we look forward to some great shots of that boat this winter.

Bob on Long Island, took one of our trade in banana boats and remade the transom to hold a smaller shaft (20 inch) Evinrude 250 HO, on a jack plate. Even though the boat is heavier with wood rather than composite bulkheads and transom, he is running the boat up to 70 MPH and still tweaking it.

Maybe someone would make a clone of the # 1 boat.....the 24 Top Banana with twin small blocks....sitting low in the photo below.

And last but not least, the plug work for the new deck design is starting next month.....it is going to be beautiful. Drawing below to get your anticipation up.

Please feel free to post away with your photos of your work in progress or completed. Here is the new cabin area on boat # 2 at the factory shop.
Attached Thumbnails Busy winter coming up-banana-split-x-2.bmp   Busy winter coming up-ph-28drawing-rev3.jpg   Busy winter coming up-file0022-small-.jpg  

Busy winter coming up-banana-24-site.jpg   Busy winter coming up-file0251-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 08-13-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top,

Here you go...From Down In Homestead, FL

82 Banana project in full swing..More to come...Bottom getting done as well..

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Busy winter coming up-banana-7.jpg   Busy winter coming up-banana-8.jpg   Busy winter coming up-banana-9.jpg  

Busy winter coming up-banana-1.jpg   Busy winter coming up-banana-2.jpg  
Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Pasta over in Sweden, is going to be powered with a Mercruiser 525 HP sterndrive. The results of that will be watched closely by all of us and may set the new standard for 24 footers.
Hmm, the pressure is on.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Registered

Speedo going on the Banana...GPS Monster
Attached Thumbnails Busy winter coming up-banana-boat-speedo.jpg  
Old 08-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Speedo going on the Banana...GPS Monster

Joe what is your horsepower going to be?

Are you staying with an outboard or are you changing it to a sterndrive?
Old 08-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered

Top,

Going to stay with the BIG V-8 Evinrude that he boat came with...I think it gives it that "OLDSCHOOL" Look...

thanks,
Joe

***What do you think it will run with that power**

***I would like to speak to you in reference to motor hieght and props***
Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Charlie,
You have a PM...
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Just wanted to let folks know I had so much fun on my 2008 Banana that I want a bigger one..... I am offering this boat for sale The pictures are on Charlie's web site and you can call him direclty for details. This is the BEST Banana Boat available. It is the 2008 Show Boat with all kinds of extras... Please call Charlie for details...
Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sp123
Just wanted to let folks know I had so much fun on my 2008 Banana that I want a bigger one..... I am offering this boat for sale The pictures are on Charlie's web site and you can call him direclty for details. This is the BEST Banana Boat available. It is the 2008 Show Boat with all kinds of extras... Please call Charlie for details...

Sp,

Is it the one with the 250 ETEC.NICE RIDE...What is the boat running? what props have you been using? How do you have the motor set-up..Height wise...Have you dialed it in for top end....If so, what prop did it do best with...

Thanks,
Joe
Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

This is the new 2008 Banana Boat that was brought to all the shows. It runs very well, Just decided to buy a bigger one so the wife will join us. It is extreemly well built and is the nicest banana boat available. If my wife liked it more( not port a party) I would not be selling it. Marital bliss means more than my boat...... It is in RI and available for test ride...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.