New to the site... >

New to the site...

Notices

New to the site...

Old 07-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to the site...

Whats up guys my names Sam im 21 and i live in the Marion/Wareham area In MA.. basically right on buzzards bay next to the canal.

Ive been lurking this site for a few years now after i first learned about banana boats when i found the bananaboatco website in 2008. Since then i have been slowly researching the different go fast boat makes and getting familiar with them a little bit. It didnt take long to realize that the 24 is pretty much the best boat for where i live and what i want out of it especially the banana boat because of the 8 foot beam and solid construction.

Ive also come to realize that an OB boat is probably right up my ally because of the ease of maintenance, reliabilty, and also salt water performance not to mention the fact that yamaha and merc are both offering 350 horse OB's now... f'n sweet.

Anyways i figured i would let my presence be known as i am hoping to get into a banana boat in the next 2 years or so.. im finishing up my airframe and powerplant certificate then my priorities after that are a tow rig then a banana boat... got my life all planned out LOL.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Sam welcome aboard! Stay focused on your plan and work hard, it will happen. Banana Boat is awesome and a great pick....Charlie will chime in soon and give you tons of support.

Angel
Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 216 Likes on 87 Posts

Welcome Sam. Keep watching for the date for the Banana Boat run this summer....or come to the Fairhaven poker run in September, you should see a few of them there and maybe get a ride.

This boat is currently in New England and is for sale with or without power....in case you can't wait.
Attached Thumbnails New to the site...-key-west-1-09.jpg   New to the site...-24-jan-09.bmp   New to the site...-key-west-08-015-small-.jpg  

New to the site...-key-west-08-020-small-.jpg  
Old 07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Banana

Sam we are in RI if you ever want to go out in the new 24' let me know I am more than happy to take you for a ride and let you drive it so you can really appreciate the boat.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

He wants to Buy second choice from that guy Josh who waste ever ones time who want to buy it. He was a waste of sperm and time
-Mike
Old 07-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered

I would love that guys but im still in school right now so it is really more of a dream that is soon to come for me to get into a banana.. once im out working and making a full time pay check again i will definitely take you up on that because im only a few years away from at least starting a restoration, hopefully only one. Either way i appreciate the offer.

For the price that guy had the boat for sale it would obviously make sense to pick it up and hold onto it, my father has a 40x20 boat shed, but i would rather start with a boat that has a closed transom anyway so its easier to run a bracket.

Seems like your calling me a waste of time there sick stinger.. thanks buddy you sure know how to make friends if thats the case. Boating is a small industry that i have been working in for all of my life with my father who is a captain and one thing that i have learned is to never burn bridges because of how small the boating industry is. The aircraft industry which i am headed into is the same way as well.

Last edited by sparky24; 07-12-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

The Guy that owns the Second Choice boat is a waste, re-read my post. If I tough you were a waste of time i would be trying to get his number and adress for you or even talk to you about it. Everyone who knows me one here knows i will help anyone and everyone no matter what,Unless your an a$$hole then you dont get anything. Ive help a few on here as well as they have helped me. Read before you post thats all.
--Mike
Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered

Oh alright great then lol. real sorry i misunderstood. the way you wrote it hopefully you can understand the mistake.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

So i was wondering about it and is there a weight limit for running OB's on a bracket?

I mean i see people with twin 300 horse mercs and they have to be changing the cg of the boat real dramatically.. at what point is it just to much weight??
Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Yo got the number
-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.