Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool post pictures of the project
Old 06-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot Pursuit
from what I have been told, the boat has never been out doors until the last week or so, and she is shrink wrapped. so there has not een a chance to get water into the boat yet. When I looked at the boat, I took care to pay attention to the glass work. I didnt notice any air bubbles or voids in the hull layup. I climbed into the engine bay, and into the cabin. The stringers looked to be laid up nicely, and the cabin is glassed in along the V-berth looked really nice too. again I paid attention to look for inferior glass work.

I will a following Pasta's lead. I will web the bottom of the boat. I do a fair amount of glass work, and I am very particular. I will be vacuum bagging anywhere I can to get a better and stronger layup as well.

When she comes home. I plan on pulling the top cap and really scrutinizing the entire layup of the boat, followed by fixing or changing anything I deem to be changed.

As for power, I was thinking of twin OBs, nothing too extreme though 200-250s older model 2 strokes for now, I have a budget to stick to. I want to modify the rear of the cockpit area like some of the newer layouts so there is some more room.

Lightspeed- What years were your Bananas? or anyone else for that matter, were some years worse than other for de-lam?

thanks
Tom
the first one was an 82 the other was 91 both looked great but the lay up was totally wrong they miss matched the lay ups light resign content only i forget think 25% i had a burn down test done cut 50 holes thru out the entire boat that was the 82 had to sue them in RI took 9 years to get another boat and that one had bottom problems the glass pealed off like toilet paper in a few spots,,,,good luck with yours ,,both were big block boats
Old 06-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts

Remember they are just fiberglass and wood. If you find something that needs fixing, it is much easier to do now before rigging than later, so be patient and take your time.

The boat did sit outside for a while but it still looks ok. They laid up two black boats at one time and they both sat out on the seawall at the marina until they decided to rig one. A few months later, they did move this one inside.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I was told, it spent its entire life in the corner of the building, never outside, until about 2 weeks ago. It was also shrink wrapped when it went outside.

I personally I could believe the statement, There is some dust on the boat but that is it.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:50 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I second Charlie's statement. I would also add that there are a few locations that should be reinforced as well. The Banana's I owned got hammered on racing and never delaminated but there were stress fractures that I address later that would have been easier on initial assembly. Those hulls put a lot of trophies on my shelf.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Registered

From what I was told, it spent its entire life in the corner of the building, never outside, until about 2 weeks ago. It was also shrink wrapped when it went outside.

I personally I could believe the statement, There is some dust on the boat but that is it.
In response to your comments above.

Here are photos of the boat sitting outside in November of 07.

Two boats were made in black, the one in the front is going to be rigged, so it was covered with plastic. Your boat is the second one behind it, uncovered and sitting on the seawall.

Later in the winter....January or February?? it was moved inside the shed and a year or so later it was covered with plastic inside the shed.
Attached Thumbnails quick question/favor for you guys-port-edgewood-nov-07-bb-ltd-001.jpg   quick question/favor for you guys-port-edgewood-nov-07-bb-ltd-003.jpg   quick question/favor for you guys-port-edgewood-nov-07-bb-ltd-004.jpg  

Old 06-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Registered

cool thanks for the info!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

I looked at the pics, and well my boat. There is a chance that they one under the plastic cover is mine. If you know for sure that it was rigged, then neither of them are my boat.

The one with out the cover has cleats, a vent and a bilge pump through hull in it. Mine does not. That would lead me with this, the one with out the cover looks like its ready for transport and rigging. the other one is not, the one with the cover could possibly be mine but who really knows.

Tom

Last edited by Knot Pursuit; 06-26-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts

I looked at the pics, and well my boat. There is a chance that they one under the plastic cover is mine. If you know for sure that it was rigged, then neither of them are my boat.

The one with out the cover has cleats, a vent and a bilge pump through hull in it. Mine does not. That would lead me with this, the one with out the cover looks like its ready for transport and rigging. the other one is not, the one with the cover could possibly be mine but who really knows.

Tom
What is your hull number on the transom?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Registered

Hull number 102

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.