Stolen Spectre 30

Old 01-02-2006, 05:01 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stolen Spectre 30

Originally Posted by McGary911
I live very close to Brick. I'll be keeping my eyes open for sure. Thieves suck. I'd bet they'd be heading south, where it is less populated......

Don't be too surprised if its still nearby missing power and rigging
Old 01-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Probably in a parking lot of a closed factory stripped
Old 01-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blastersbro
you have done this before I see
I was thinking the same thing
Old 01-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No I just see it on here every month or so about a boat being stolen. They are never securely locked up. And it seems odd how these big boats just cruise down the highway without being seen.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When I had my boat on a trailer I had a Prop Lock, a Stern drive lock, a Trailer hitch Lock, and a HUGE cable lock on the trailer rims. Plus the fence was locked.

I'll keep an eye out for it this spring while doing Coast Guard patrols in Barnegat Bay area.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The OB's are worth the coin, not the boat in a case like this.. They pack em up, ship em to the islands... They have to replace the hurricane damaged ones somehow

Originally Posted by nitroracer1
Ill keep my eyes open as well, Kinda sounds like the story of whats going on in miami where guys are pulling away with boat with outboards ...from another post.

This from the Soundings Trade Only site, just a heads up for the So. Fla. crew!

Miami area thieves target big outboards

Police in Florida’s Miami-Dade and Pinecrest region are investigating a string of boat thefts in which the thieves are hooking up trucks to trailered boats in broad daylight and driving away.

Detectives say at least five boats have been stolen in South Miami-Dade since July — two from Pinecrest in the last week, according to a report in this morning’s Miami Herald.

“My guess is that it’s a ring looking for boats with outboard motors,” Pinecrest police chief John Hohensee was quoted as saying.

Police say the thieves are targeting 25- to 34-foot boats with Yamaha or Mercury engines with ratings of 200 hp or more. The engines range in value from $15,000 to $20,000 each, the paper reports.

“They don’t really care about the size of the boat,” Detective Robert Gonzalez of the Miami-Dade Police Kendall District told the Herald. “It’s the engines they’re after. They’re probably re-rigging them on their own boats or selling them.”
Thats a fairly old story actually. We have lost about 8 more in the Pinecrest/Palmetto Bay area in the past three months.. Two in a 10 block radius of my house... Most in broad daylight...

Keys getting hit also. We lost a pair of 200 HPDI's off the back of the fish boat... After the rerigging I had it in North Miami, they almost got the second pair! This is what we found when we came to work one morning..
Attached Thumbnails Stolen Spectre 30-loose-engine1.jpg   Stolen Spectre 30-loose-engine2.jpg   Stolen Spectre 30-loose-engine3.jpg  

Old 01-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually its not surprising that nobody notices. The average person would just assume that the boats owner is towing it. They wouldnt think twice. Its the same with thefts of heavy construction equipement. I heard a story about a Cat D9 Dozer that was stolen from a worksite. There was a crew there workind during the day when a Semi Truck showed up, loaded the Dozer up onto a trailer. Then drove off with it. The crew just assumed the owners came and got it. Without a doubt, that boat has been stripped by now or repainted. Hope its found for the owner.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Registered

I would also watch ebay to see if anything come up on the block and maybe notify some of the boat insurance companies that are listed in powerboat,poker runs magizine,ect,they some times have away to make it known nation wide.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

If that many boats and motors are being stolen, the police should set up a sting with lojack on the boat and the motors to get them. They must have some drug runners boat they could use.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered

The police don't give a $hit because they don't have the time to deal with because of domestic,drug trafficing and so on.

Quick Reply: Stolen Spectre 30

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.