Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare >

Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Notices

Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OLSKOOL72
Again, My Health Probs. Ate Up All My Funds, Sapped The Business Dry.
Seems more like your customers funds, it's not yours until you've earned it.

Maybe you can use the rest of that post as an advertisement when you "get back on your feet".
Old 07-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I think he is sunk ANA who would go there now how will he make the money to pay back these people. SOL sounds like.
-Mike
Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
I think he is sunk ANA who would go there now how will he make the money to pay back these people. SOL sounds like.
-Mike
He's not done yet Sick, when he get's on wel-fare we will all get to help him.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey VV haha great give him more money for nothing in return
-Mike
Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Registered

Mark,

You are a lier, you told me you put my engines on a dyno and got 685HP, that's bull at best 575. I did get them and they do run, they are not what I paid for. Only when it took forever to get them from you (until after I came there to visit you) you told me it was your son that was sick. Sick way to buy time. You also told me that you use to build boat engines in NY or north Jersey. You still have not given me build sheets thats probably because the parts belong to some of these other guys. Now I have to spend more money to get the power I want.

Mark I have two businesses, they do well, you do not seem to understand the diff between sales and profit or you don't care which makes you scum and probably someone the IRS would like to talk to. By the way your pretty small to be talking like such a bad a.. I think your just an a..
Hey maybe your health problems is what you deserve for ripping off all these people that work hard for there money.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Registered

Since the first post on OSO Mark has been saying he wiil make this deal correct with the remaining parts and cash. Mark, I need you to get my issues setttled tomorrow. I will keep OSO posted with the outcome as soon as possibly. Hopefully tomorrow!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone must have stuck that roostertail up his butt and he is having a hard time typing.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by perform330
Mark,

You are a lier, you told me you put my engines on a dyno and got 685HP, that's bull at best 575. I did get them and they do run, they are not what I paid for. Only when it took forever to get them from you (until after I came there to visit you) you told me it was your son that was sick. Sick way to buy time. You also told me that you use to build boat engines in NY or north Jersey. You still have not given me build sheets thats probably because the parts belong to some of these other guys. Now I have to spend more money to get the power I want.

Mark I have two businesses, they do well, you do not seem to understand the diff between sales and profit or you don't care which makes you scum and probably someone the IRS would like to talk to. By the way your pretty small to be talking like such a bad a.. I think your just an a..
Hey maybe your health problems is what you deserve for ripping off all these people that work hard for there money.

If you got 575 horsepower, you got more than anyone else got. Of course his dyno is a phantom dyno. He tells you he has it when he is reeling you in, but when it's time to dyno, he has a metal stand with a radiator and a tach, and if the motor will start, you get the Arkansas guarantee. If it breaks you get both pieces. My motors were out of balance so bad, that when I did get them to a shop with a dyno, it shook the dyno loose from the floor. You're not really a liar, if you believe your own lies. Also, when he got my boat it would go into gear just fine on both sides. When I went to pick it up, since he had not water tested it like he was supposed to, nor dyno'd the engines like he was supposed to, I made him start it up and put it in gear. One outdrive wouldn't go into gear. He had to pull the outdrive off (he had had trouble with it when he put it back he confessed) and he had to put a shift fork in that I bought at an outdrive shop up the street from his shop. It took about 2 hours, and to hear him tell it, even though I paid him $17,000.00 and got 2 sorry engine jobs that didn't have 1/2 of the quality parts I paid for and both out of balance, and 1 with a dead miss, and about $14,000.00 more to make them right, I should thank him and never say anything because he put the shift fork in the outdrive. Well thank you Mark. I'm forever in your debt. And last but not least, he did send back my old parts that he had given an allowance of $1700.00 for, less 1 dominator carb and 1 Dart dominator intake, so in his eyes that makes us even. I hate it for the others he sucked in, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about ever getting even. I think he operates on the strategy of "He was a stranger and I took him in."
Old 07-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

They were only crate engines when I got them and they were not balanced. However a very honest talented man Art Lilly and his mechanic Alan made those engines run the way they should have. The 575 was just a calculation might be as low as 550. Mark did give me some bulls...t dyno that showed 685hp. Oh and the cards leaked.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by perform330
They were only crate engines when I got them and they were not balanced. However a very honest talented man Art Lilly and his mechanic Alan made those engines run the way they should have. The 575 was just a calculation might be as low as 550. Mark did give me some bulls...t dyno that showed 685hp. Oh and the cards leaked.
Your engines were just in front of mine so you might have gotten the parts you were expecting, as he used my money to do your engines. I guess there was a lapse in front money from others when my work was finally under way, so he told me he was putting one thing in my motors but he used brands that cost half as much as the stuff he promised. When he decided I should buy new heads instead of use what I had, he needed another 4 grand up front for them. Said he buys bare heads and then puts better valves and components in them than the assembled Dart or World come with. Now that we find the valve jobs in disarray, with 3-4 thousands guide clearance and cheap valves in the heads, he claims they are brand new assembled heads from Dart or World, I forget which, and that they must have japped up the heads. On the balancing, he says he might have made a mathematical error when calculating the bob weights. After pressing him on the KB pistons instead of the JE's I was to get he says the KB's are just as good. He still claims I got Eagle rods, but they are not. I had good Manley rods but he went out of his way to change the rods to a length that would allow him to use the cheap off the shelf KB piston, instead of having to pay for the custom JE piston to correspond with my Manley rod length. I would have gladly paid more to have it done right the first time. He confessed the valves weren't Faria or Manley like he said originally along with the roller lifters which were to be Isky or Crower, but I got Federal Mogul/Speed Pro instead, and the cam grinder reccomended aginst the cheaper Federal Mogul. He did put the cams in the motors that he said he would but there could be an ulterior reason for that, as a check with the cam grinder has my cams purchased months before I became his customer, and he did put 2 Edelbrock intakes and 2 new 850 Holley carbs, but I guess that was because he had already sold one of my carbs and intakes without telling me and felt he had to do something to cover that over prior to my agreeing to a parts credit on my old parts. To make a long story short, I would have probably been none the wiser had both motors run right from the start, but when the one motor had a dead miss from day one and he steered me in a direction away from the basic engines to the electrical system, and with every change of electrical part nothing improved, I finally bacame distrustful of him and sought a second opinion. Once we removed the bad engine and put it on the dyno, things went down hill fast from there and with each new find on disassembly of that engine came a new set of lies from Mark to try and cover his tracks as to why I didn't get what I was promised.

Quick Reply: Beware!! Another Engine Shop Nightmare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.