Arizona speed & marine??? >

Arizona speed & marine???

Notices

Arizona speed & marine???

Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Speed and Marine---BAD BUSINESS

These guys--or more precisely, this guy-- has changed the business name to only "Arizona Speed". He sold, and moved out of, his shop in Chandler, Arizona back in April (09). He happily took my boat in to have Whipples placed on the 525's--even drove me to the airport. This was September 2008. Without even whispering anything about his imploding business,(and we had frequent e-mail and phone conversations) he finally had the boat "done" in March 2009. Well, it was anything but done. I have spent over 20K and much of the summer trying to make the boat run. I don't have anything nice to say about "Arizona Speed". Avoid this place!
It's funny, I saw this thread back in February, i was planning on posting what a spectacular job ASM had done for me. Not so much now.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

AZ speed provided me with the WORST experience ever! Stay clear!!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default We are always available..........

This is a plug for MARINE & SPEED. We are always ready and able to take on serious projects. We have a modest facility with all the special tools we need. we also have a Turbine tech at our disposal for the crazy fast guys. We don't play games and we always answer the phone, (or at least return the call ASAP) sundays, late night, early morning etc... TRY IT. Please visit our website.

We don't "reprogram" ECM's, we troubleshoot & diagnose. If your having trouble with an ECM that can't be resolved with a reflash (Mercury) then it will be replaced or sent to the respective manufacturer for supplemental diagnostics, beit Mercury, Sterling, Cobra, CDI etc... We don't claim to nor do we want to manufacture or replace ECM's that's not what we do.

If you want your boat to go faster and/or crazy fast we will do it the right way and gaurantee you will be able to reach us anytime with any questions you have. We work on an estimate basis, you pay as we go. We try very hard to not ask for any monetary commitments before work has begun. All of our work is gauranteed and we will go out of our way to accomodate your needs and desires, professionally, competently and without compromise for your sanity.

Valium and Xanax are not necessary.

Last edited by Trippin; 09-08-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Clarification - We are not Arizona Speed & Marine
Old 10-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

I Will tell everyone...Stay away from Arizona speed. They do terrible work, and dont stand behind anything they do. They are the worst business in performance work. Take your your stuff any place but here!!!!!!

********BAD BUSINESS*********
Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Soon or later you would figure they would run out of suckers to screw
Old 12-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Registered

Default Add one to the list

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I know of a couple of boats that have used their ECM upgrades and soon after had roached motors.
ROACHED MY MOTORS - DO NOT USE THIS AZSM - USE TYLER CROCKETT RACING
Old 12-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Registered

Default $700 !!

Originally Posted by 29KILROY
Call Tyler!!!!!!!!!PERIOD. I bought my old boat with the previous owner having the ECM's reprogrammed by ASM, I even had the receipt showing they charged him $700.00. I burned a piston from having lean condition. After working with Tyler and HTG Racing on my 454 Upgrade Tyler went to reprogram my ECM's and he called me saying "I thought you said ASM reprogrammed these?" He told me they were bone stock still with the Factory Lock!!!!!! I called ASM asking what the ASM sticker was on the back of the ECM's. He said they were reprogrammed to that spec. by ASM. I then told them the finding and he said the previous owner must have switched them, I said why did they have the sticker showing their ECM upgrade for my motors? He simply hung up on me.........

Wow I must have gotten a deal, Jim only charged me $600 - oh and yes, I had to buy 16 more custom JE Pistons, same valves and a a complete rebuild - only cost me around $15K
Old 12-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
Mark at Precision Marine ... (504) 469-7463
Marks great but as soon he touchs you ecus he locks them so no,one can get in there ,My freind bought Doc Holidays 500 efi,s that Mark rebiult we wanted to make some changes we cant get in to the ecu he wont give up password
Old 12-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boats unlimited
I have heard good things about Gary Talyor at TPI performance inc. He is a Fireman and builds only fuel injection marine motors.
He now makes license plates for a long time!!!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
Marks great but as soon he touchs you ecus he locks them so no,one can get in there ,My freind bought Doc Holidays 500 efi,s that Mark rebiult we wanted to make some changes we cant get in to the ecu he wont give up password
You dont need the pass word just erase it and put your own program in it.
Thats what we have to do, when they come to us, they have the merc pass word in them.
We did not rebuild Docs 500s we just put our program in so it would run.
Not being a jerk but we have many years worth of time in our cals and dont want to give them away.

Last edited by CAL MAN; 12-28-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Arizona speed & marine???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.