Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Looking for info about engine builder in NJ >

Looking for info about engine builder in NJ

Notices

Looking for info about engine builder in NJ

Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every one wants to be a motor builder doing it right the first time must have been hard .these motors take time and skills i know al over there he should make good for that mas. boat motors are not the same as a car motor's that is what they do there
Old 10-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kidaphache, I understand there is a difference between car and boat motors that's why the motor was taken to him. He claimed to have done many boat motors and guaranty to stand behind his product, he seemed like a stand up guy at first,but it went down hill after the moto was dropped off the motor. First it took longer to do then said(by 4 month), promise after promise when it will be done, and when trying to call to talk to him he was always busy on the dyno,on the phone, in a meeting, out back with a customer dropping of a motor. If he dynoed as many motors as he said, the amount of times that he was called he would be a million aire. Just poor service if you could even call it that. The junk motor was picked up around labor day and i'm finally writing this now. So i'm not writing this with a hot head. I wanted to do my research on F*O*N*S*E PERFORMANCE and why this motor took a crap before I posted this info. I wanted to make sure what I was saying was true and correct. I have some experience in this field myself I was a boat mech. for 14 years(not high performance) but some performance, raced 5.0l hydros 3years, owned several offshore cats & v-bottoms, built several 600-800 hp supercharged, turboed, n2o injected cars, but always had a shop do my machine work and I assembled everything accept the short block. This time I felt I could trust al to do the whole job and dyno tune it. The XFI is all new to me and recommended by al, but again not the right choice. I guess its time to get my hands dirty again. I gave al every chance to work with me, I never yeld, screamed or even raised my voice at him, and all I got for being nice and trusting was screwed. Heck I could have got that for 40 bucks at the local spa!!

Last edited by air trap; 11-02-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If by any chance you are willing to ship, Mark Boos at Precision Marine EFI in New Orleans builds an extremely good EFI motor.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen worse motors come in that just came from other shops and the customers are all drained out and dont want to pay twice for the same job that is why we try to help the customer as much as we can. if they are not happy they don't come back. they should fix it or give you money back
Old 10-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

***** is there any reason that you reported your own post 11 times?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Registered

heres a really dumb question. whats the difference between a boat and a car engine in reguards to assembly? are the tolerences different? i inderstand about cam selection and cooling port differences . but what else? people use merlin heads etc on both? right?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Registered

Please be advised.
The only action F O N S E is going to take against me is to kiss my A**. A first year law student could tell you that there is nothing actionable in any of these posts, so forget the threats both here and in the PM's.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

I don't know what they teach at Bob's School of Law and Television Repair.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

speedgirl why is the word F*O*N*S*E ON THE BLACK LIST?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:17 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by air trap
speedgirl why is the word F*O*N*S*E ON THE BLACK LIST?
I don't know.... I'll have to do some research

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.