Need help in Tampa, FL OSO Style

Notices

Need help in Tampa, FL OSO Style

Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help in Tampa, FL OSO Style

I ordered a transmission from Jerry Waldron of Transmission Satisfaction in Tampa for my TrailBlazer. The transmission was supposed to be shipped last Thursday for delivery tomorrow. The mechanic blocked time tomorrow and Wednesday to put it in. As of 5:45 today, R&L Carriers has no shipment from Tampa to New Hampshire at all. Not in the last week and not for future pick up. The voicemail box is full and no one returned my call or email from the weekend, or this afternoon. I have time limitations as I will be loading a truck on the 22-23 and moving to Annapolis, MD. I have no desire to pull a vehicle when my son could be driving it loaded some of our things. But most of all, I want the transmission we were charged for on Friday. The guy's info is:

Transmission Satisfaction
Jerry Waldron
2206 E. Idlewilde Ave.
Tampa, FL 33610
813-412-9767

This purchase was made through his EBay Motors storefront and had perfect reviews. Guess where my next online stop is? Any help, information, drive by, whatever, would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ange; 01-11-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ange
I ordered a transmission from Jerry Waldron of Transmission Satisfaction in Tampa for my TrailBlazer. The transmission was supposed to be shipped last Thursday for delivery tomorrow. The mechanic blocked time tomorrow and Wednesday to put it in. As of 5:45 today, R&L Carriers has no shipment from Tampa to New Hampshire at all. Not in the last week and not for future pick up. The voicemail box is full and no one returned my call or email from the weekend, or this afternoon. I have time limitations as I will be loading a truck on the 22-23 and moving to Annapolis, MD. I have no desire to pull a vehicle when my son could be driving it loaded some of our things. But most of all, I want the transmission we were charged for on Friday. The guy's info is:

Jerry Waldron
2206 E. Idlewilde Ave.
Tampa, FL 33610
813-412-9767

This purchase was made through his EBay Motors storefront and had perfect reviews. Guess where my next online stop is? Any help, information, drive by, whatever, would be greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best of luck, but a non answering telephone and a full voicemailbox usually spells trouble. There really isn't much you can do if the guy is closing shop and filing bankrutpcy.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

I talked to a woman named Shannon at 1:30 this afternoon who said that the transmission had shipped, but couldn't tell me when exactly. She was going to call ne back in half an hour. It was after that when the voicemail box was full. So they were still around this afternoon.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try and stop over ther for you and take a look.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Thanks so much!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

PM me the details and I'll go over there tomorrow and straighten them out.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

If you can get your money back, I can probably get my hands on one for you. I have a friend that owns Factory Engine Exchange, just north of Tampa actually.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Jerry Waldron
2206 E. Idlewilde Ave.
Tampa, FL 33610
813-412-9767

Hey Ange,
First off Welcome to Annapolis.... if this doesnt get resolved before you leave I have a shop in Annapolis that my good friend and neighbor ownes and he is a boater as well, he will take good care of ya...
Let me know if you need anything when you get to town...

Pat
Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered

Jerry Waldron
2206 E. Idlewilde Ave.
Tampa, FL 33610
813-412-9767

I can go to Tampa this week, most likely Thursday.

Idlewilde I think is a residential street though, sounds like a private seller. Let me know, [email protected]

(727)743-8048
Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Thanks everyone, I left a message this morning with a deadline for a verifiable tracking number. That came and went, so the payment was cancelled. STILL haven't heard anything from them. Have another transmission on it's way tomorrow.

Idlewilde is a residential street in Tampa. Don't know what their problem is, don't care once the cancelled payment is back in hand. If there is a problem, I will be more than happy to let the OSO beat down begin.

Pat, hopefully I won't need a mechanic again for a while, but if it comes up, I'll be in touch. Thanks for the welcome to Annapolis. Hard to believe we move in a week and a half and are still looking for a place! We have a temp solution at least.

Thanks again everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.