Notices

Baja boat scam

Old 07-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to see the prowd mother's and father's of these scumbags!!!! How can they sleep at night, it gets my blood boiling.

Chuck B.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Registered

need info for case on Sgt Wayne Vega ref scam on 99 Honda Accord
Old 09-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered

George Jefferson <[email protected]>

Subject: RE:2007 Kawasaki Mule 3010 TRANS 4x4

Priority: Normal Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:51 AM Size: 6 KB

My 2007 Kawasaki Mule 3010 TRANS 4x4 is in perfect working condition, the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line. The atv has only 202 hours,clear title. This is the second time when I try to sell my atv...First time I tried eBay because every time I only use 100% safe methods and I've sent the atv through the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program to a buyer from Florida. He paid the shipping and insurance costs and when eBay requested the full payment he refused to pay. Why? ... because he agreed to purchase the atv in the first place, but typically didn't had the necessary amount to do so. ...

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in Rota Air Force Base from Barcelona,Spain in training, getting ready for Afghanistan. My brother from US works for DAS and he will take care by the shipping.

The atv and its documents are in the US at DAS auto shipping warehouse waiting to be delivered. My wife just gave birth to my forth kid, I need all the money I can get to leave to her. Also, I hope to sell the atv before we deploy to Afghanistan. The atv is fully paid for, fully functional, the title is clean and clear.

The total price will be $3000 including shipping, insurance and ebay fees since have been paid the previous buyer.
It is very important for me to know if you have all the money to buy it or you need to get a loan for it. We will use eBay protection program for our safety and for payment I prefer to use an eBay Managed safety account.

Thank you

George & Anna Jefferson

PS:If you want more pictures,just let me know.

This was a reply from a Craigs List Ad that I responded to. Don't know if it's the same guy but it for sure a scam. Note the email address and beware.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 AM
don
Registered

I reported this joker when I tried to get him to dedicate a address to see the Donzi he had in Tx. He wrote back a few times saying his wife would bring the boat over for free and I could use the boat for a few days, but when he said to use paypal for the payment that would be not given out until I oked it with paypal, I knew I had him. He then wrote that I need to send the money right now because he worked on a oil rig in the Gulf and wasnt going to be back for some time. Come on people. Anyone can spot this type of scammer without even a thought of using paypal. Just talk cash and see what the answer is. I hope you get your $2900 back but as it is said <<< IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD , IT PROBABLY IS
Old 09-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

whats up with all the first time poster's in this thread
Old 09-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightning jet
They obviously googled the guys name and OSO thread popped up. They came to OSO to get more information on the dude.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightning jet
Good! This section is obviously accomplishing something of what it was intended to do. Google searches exposing the crooks.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by capt2130
+1 to that.

I bought a piece of equipment end of the year off ebay. The guy was upset how much he lost for the ebay and paypal fees. But I felt comfortable in buying it. I only pay with paypal and on a credit card. I like double the protection. To many people out there that will screw you in the blind of a eye.
There was an ad on Oodle with the exact same setup and words only it was my boat a 28 Pantera. This person stole my Ebay Ad and copied it and listed it on Oodle which is free. I had three people call me asking why I was selling the boat so cheap. I reported the listing as a scam and it was removed.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Default Beware!

Hey guys, just had a similar experience, but the a$%hole has changed his name. Him asking for my cell number and address is as far as we got in the negotiations though. He has changed his name to Andrew Q Leckner, a MSGT in the Air Force from New Jersey. This time he was selling a 2000 Stratos 20 SS Extreme, a 15,000 dollar boat for 5,600. Just thought I'd update the forum. What ever happened to hard work and earning one's money for heavens sake.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

oh and one more thing that got my blood boiling. Why are they mascarading as military personel?? I am a serving soldier and it really ticks me off. Sorry, just needed to vent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.